Chapter 107

If anything gets caught, the tail has to be cut off.

That was Carlon's theory.

It was Carlon who ordered the merciless killing of even Lanella and Rayburn, who had been collaborating with him for a long time.

In fact, Lanella and Rayburn must have believed that Carlon would save them.

There was no way such a person would keep Bellinock connected to the enemy alive. They'd already got all the information they could get from Bellinock.

The origin of the last black magic was in the Smaho Forest, and only Annabelle could recognize it.

It was said that they were quite embarrassed because it was different from the time they expected.

Most importantly, Annabelle said she didn't have the confidence to beat him.

How could he escape by hiding behind Carlon? All he had to do was testify that Carlon has been with him the whole time.

After all, they were mere commoners and had no power to overturn the Prince's testimony.

But this time, because the temple was full of people who would testify that he wasn't there.

In any case, killing Bellinock was a no-brainer.

"Oh yeah..."

Lagian muttered as he handled Bellinock's corpse.

"Although he was strict about not leaving a single tail... This is because he did not spare his own people."

Even when Richard was injured, Carlon, who was only worried about his own safety, only clicked his tongue.

"Well, I don't know."

After all, it was just a matter of getting money.

Oh, there was one more.

Killing the cheeky Annabelle Rainfield who used him from the warehouse to the end somehow.

Money was money, but just the thought of her made him grind his teeth once more.

~*~

[Annabelle's POV]

"Huh?"

Cessianne, who was being held by Aaron, was startled.

"My thoughts are disconnected!"

At her words, Aaron and I exchanged glances.

In fact, this was a series of surprises. Carlon's temple collaborator was High Priest Bellinock.

No, he could have worked with Carlon in the first place to become the High Priest.

"...Something must have happened with the High Priest!"

The innocent Cessianne exclaimed, and I replied with a sigh.

"Perhaps Lagian killed him just now."

"What? Aren't they on the same side?"

"Honey, villains usually betray each other easily."

Aaron told her as I rubbed Cessianne's back in shock.

"It was the same for me and Reid."

In fact, Cessianne couldn't have guessed it, but that was what me and Aaron expected.

Of course, she was a nice, but strong character, so she quickly got over the shock.

"Phew... They really are bad people. But will you be okay?"