Chapter 27

Since the opera theater itself was a social place, there were quite a few people who talked to Ian.

"There's not much time left until the swordsmanship competition, is there? I'm sure you'll win this time too. I know it's the last competition, but it'll feel great if you win it until the end."

"Thank you. Actually, I'm not thinking too much about winning, I just do my best."

"That's what the opera actor said in an interview. I don't think about the content well, I just do my best."

"Really?"

"Yes, because the opera play is a bit strange."

Ian responded with perfect manners and a gentlemanly manner, but all he could think of was Annabellel's bright look.

He felt bad for her to follow them happily just because they called her family.

At a glance, she appeared with Robert, which seemed to be an attempt to use her politically...

How could family members all look like that?

It seemed like everyone was only thinking about using Annabelle, including her mother and Reid, who had lived together.

'Why do you swear at me? Why are you following them with that puppy-like expression?'

Ian was surprised by the sudden surge of displeasure at the thought of Annabelle swearing at them.

"Anyways, the content of the opera was already creepy. The content was always very annoying. How could anyone write that because they like to be cursed at..."

While Ian was thinking about something else, the person he was talking to smiled.

"Well, yes."

Braden, who was drinking wine next to him, stepped in.

"Of course we don't have people like that around us. But even if there is..."

Braden continued with strength.

"...Shouldn't you hide it if you're sane?"

Ian was thus denied by his father.

~*~

The night of the opera ended without a hitch.

After a few casual conversations with the Abedes, it was already closing time.

I didn't get home until after midnight.

It was a very satisfying opera, and everything went as planned.

First, I succeeded in secretly feeding Ian the antidote.

That was the end of my relationship with Ian! I didn't have to see him anymore.

Of course, my relationship with Robert was over too!

The only important thing was... I threw the bait at the rich Marquis Abedes.

'I'm not trying to do anything wrong.'

I thought very carefully, taking off my shiny dress.

'I'm just paying you back the way Richard did to me.'

So, I was going to bait them once, just once.

'You will eat well and live well without my help. Of course, the crown prince of their own will not be the emperor.'

It didn't do a tremendous amount of damage to Marquis Abedes, but it was only intended to be a hope adviser.

Because we were a family anyway.