Chapter 101

'No, what are you saying all of a sudden?'

I was not yet mentally prepared for what to answer.

I had even forgotten the conversations we had before all at once.

"Hey, it was just a kiss."

But because it was so sudden, I was already instinctively sinking myself deeper.

"What does that mean?"

Before long, my body was completely buried in the chair.

"Are you trying to pretend you don't know?"

Ian slowly approached me.

"If you can't remember, wouldn't it be normal to start shouting if it were you?"

His long shadow came over me first.

It was not difficult to dodge quickly as it was, but strangely, my body stiffened.

"Did you forget?"

Ian came quite close and then stopped slowly.

"I am the person who has been watching you most consistently in this world."

Even though he hadn't touched a single fingertip of mine yet, it felt like electricity went up through my body. He whispered from a distance where even his eyelashes could be counted.

"You still don't remember?"

Of course I remember. I remembered it all the time, but it came to mind in more detail just now.

Even then, being so close, conscious of each other's tense bodies, our breaths mixed...

'...Stop thinking! Why are you reminiscing at this moment!'

But it was an atmosphere that I had no choice but to recall. For his eyes were also nailed to my lips as if he was thinking about that time too, without even trying to hide his deep desire.

'If you're going to make that kind of expression, you shouldn't have a celibate face in general.'

I felt somewhat embarrassed.

'Just like anyone else...'

Actually, when we kissed yesterday, he was like a different person.

I thought he would kiss like a polite gentleman, but then he kissed me like an animal...

'Oh, stop thinking, Annabelle Rainfield!'

Unconsciously, my nervous hand gripped the hem of my skirt.

It was then.

I couldn't see because the curtains were closed, but I could hear the voices of people passing by the garden.

"There was no room for it at the entrance of the annex."

"So they decided to put it in the garden."

"Right. With all this, the garden will be full tonight."

"I know... Everyone in the capital seems to be sending gifts."

The servants of the Duke of Wade were moving things while buzzing.

Of course, it was obvious that it all had a similar message of support.

「Annabelle ♡ Robert, don't give up on love!」

「Don't be discouraged by your status, we are supporting you from behind!」

「I sincerely support the love between Miss Annabel and Prince Robert.」

Ian's breathing could be heard as he drew closer.

The servants slowly moved away while chatting, but I swallowed dry saliva because of Ian's presence nearby.