Chapter 54

The Zhang brothers gave Shen Kuo great news. The ginseng they planted here was successful. They dug it out for the doctor to taste, and the medicinal effect was not inferior to the wild ginseng.

    Hearing this news, even Mr. Qing couldn't sit still, and hurried over to see it.

    Shen Kuo also went to the fields to see. They encircled General Su Xiao's field with small trees at the beginning, and the more than ten acres of the field was used as a place for their trial planting, including vegetables, fruit seedlings, medicinal materials and crops. Except for the potatoes imported from overseas, which were the best adapted, the rest only survived half.

    This is still the Zhang family's brothers guarding them day and night. It's not bad to be able to survive with the wrong ordinary people.

    But the surviving part is also quite sparse, which is caused by the special geographical environment.

    Several generations of people in Mobei have not farmed, not only because of the war, but because the climate is not suitable, and there are very few harvests in a hard year.

.Thanks to the cold potatoes, this land has been restored to life again.

    Now there is good news. The purple ginseng they planted has adapted very well. Purple ginseng is very rare. An adult ginseng can be sold for more than 30 taels. It is a life-saving thing.

    Shen Kuo and Mr. Qing came to the field, and the elder brother of the Zhang family said, "It's there!" Soon they saw beautiful little ginseng, with a few beautiful ears growing outside, and small red fruit on it. Leafy.

    Afterwards, a ginseng was raised on the spot, only half the size of a palm, but it was already in the form of ginseng, with a lot of beards, and seemed very satisfied with growing here.

    Brother Zhang was a little excited: "This one has only been planted for a month and a half. I got it to the hospital yesterday. The doctors said that this is a life-saving medicine. The effect is very good.Half of the crops planted here by the Zhang brothers died, and the pressure was great.

    Since Shen Kuo came to Mobei, spending money like flowing water. They bought land, recruited cooks to cook, and renovated a lot of thatched huts in the county in order to accumulate fertilizer. In order to make a good thing like potatoes affordable for everyone, they are not expensive, a penny a pound, and potatoes dug with a shovel are cheaper. Many people in the vicinity came to buy it in ox carts. There were tens of thousands of people in the whole city, plus the people in the surrounding counties.

    The Zhang brothers really like this place so much, they are especially afraid that Shen Kuo will keep losing money. If there is nothing to gain. This is a business that has been burning money all the time. This kind of business must not last long. If you want to do it for a long time, you must be profitable.

    The purple ginseng was bought from a travel merchant in the past, and there were a total of 20 seeds, of which three seeds did not germinate. .The remaining seventeen are planted. There is not much space for ginseng, and there are many things in the experimental field. They are all busy with grape trellis and vines in the Western Regions.

    When I came to my senses after being busy for a while, I remembered the ginseng that I had forgotten about during the inspection. Looking at the plump leaves, the spirited spikelets knew that the purple ginseng was adapting well here, and when I dug it out, I was really pleasantly surprised.

    But whether ginseng is medicinal or not, it still needs the doctor to judge. They cut a few beards and went to the doctor. As soon as the doctor chews it, he feels that the bitterness brings back the abundance of qi and blood, which is a rare treasure.

    Several doctors have confirmed the quality, and they are even more ecstatic. It was too late when they got the news yesterday, and there is no way to report it to the prince.

.The young ginseng has such good medicinal effects. When the ginseng grows, the medicinal effect will increase tenfold and one hundred times, and then it will be powerful.

    Shen Kuo pinched a ginseng whisker. He has taken various ginseng bird's nests and other things to keep fit since he was a child. He has eaten more ginseng than many doctors have ever seen in his life.

    Shen Kuo said: "This is a lot of seeds!"

    The Zhang brothers said in unison, "Yes."

    The younger brother of Zhang's family also reported good news to Shen Kuo: "Last time, the merchants from the Western Regions took five kinds of grapes, and two of them survived. Among them, white grapes grow best, and red grapes are average." High-grade fruits, the wines of the Western Regions have always been precious, even Shen Kuo, who is not available in the mansion in the capital, can only go to the palace to drink the wine of the emperor's uncle.

.The emperor can only get about ten altars a year, and grapes have always been exclusive to the royal family of the Western Regions. Ordinary people have never seen this thing at all, even the Zhang brothers have only heard of it in ancient books, and it took a lot of effort to grow grapes alive.

    Shen Kuo said: "Okay."

    Mr. Qing hesitated.

    Seeing this, Shen Kuo asked the Zhang brothers to go to work, and said, "Mr. Qing and I are here for the first time, so let's take a walk." Walking around the field, looking at the things planted in the field, he was very emotional.

    Mr. Qing said, "Congratulations to the eldest son, who has won the noble son, and the grape seeds and the precious purple ginseng of the vassal king. This is a blessing brought by the young master."

    Shen Kuo was also very happy to hear that someone praised his son.

.He used to hear people say that having a child is different, but he still doesn't believe it. Now that he has a cub, he has more concerns in his heart. After coming out, he started thinking about the cub, and he didn't know if their family would cry if no one hugged them.

    Mr. Qing said: "After the ginseng has been seeded, we will plant a lot and distribute it to our pharmacies in various places. You don't know that ginseng has always been scarce, not to mention the precious purple ginseng. It is rare. It's expensive, you can sell as much as you have!"

    They have their own business, but I didn't expect them to be able to plant them now, which is a great thing. Their pharmacy is about to become famous in the country, and they start to get excited when they think of it.

    Mr. Qing said, "I don't know where you recruited the two talents of the Zhang brothers. . . It's amazing. Although only two of the five varieties of grapes are grown, they are the most precious grains. White grapes are known as white honey crystals, and red grapes are the varieties that make wine. If we could make our own wine, it would be the most profitable business in the world. "

    It's really unintentional.

    Mr. Qing never thought about what he could grow from farming, but it was as if the eldest son was blessed by God.

    He was all excited. Since the birth of Shi Ziye's son, everything has been developing for the better.

    Shen Kuo said: "It can be seen that Mobei is my blessed land." His family, General Su, came to Mobei. Tuantuan was born in Mobei, and he planted life-saving potatoes in this place and won the love of the people. Now he has grown two very precious ones. Things, although the convenience is not as good as the capital, there is an unprecedented ease here.

.Mr. Qing also said: "When I came to Mobei ten years ago, the place was devastated and disaster victims were everywhere. It is a blessing for the people in Mobei to have you." As soon as the potatoes came out, the price of food in Mobei was greatly suppressed. In addition, Shen Kuo has been recruiting workers and everyone is working to make money. Even if Mobei is not compared to ten years ago, it is much more lively than when they first came.

.