Chapter 2: Blending In

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

'Yugi' narrowed his eyes at the screen "Kaiba" he gritted through his teeth while he stared up at the screen. It was hard not to know that man for 'Yugi'.

However, for you — you were almost in awe to see the man who created the duel disk and furthered the way of the Duel Monster world with his insane technology. 'If I am right about this, this is when he first introduces the world duel disk.' You bit your lip 'Does this mean if I participate like I said I would, I could end up changing the course of dueling history?!' This would now be on your mind out of all times to be thinking about it now. After all, it was already hard to turn back since you already ran into 'Yugi' and it seemed like there was no going back after this encounter with him.

"Greetings duelist, welcome to my tournament. You all are here under the private invitations I had sent out to each of you for Kaiba Corps very exclusive Duel Monsters tournament." Those words now added onto your problems you were already having, he sent out private invitations. This meant you were gonna have to do some hacking when you got to your hotel room. It should be easy considering you have decades worth of knowledge to be able to crack this time period's wimpy systems.

Kaiba had a cocky grin which made the little light of admiration fade all too quickly. He may have been a genius but you also recalled how he was egotistical from documents you recall back to from duel history class. "As you are all elite duelists, I added special rules for this tournament just for experts. You will first duel with these new and improved duel disks." The camera lowered to his left wrist showing this duel disk he boasted about to his audience. It struck a core to you at the sight of the design of the disk. You shook off the feeling from that to note how ugly you thought the duel disk looked. Well, it was something revolutionary for the dueling world from this device in this time period.

"Another rule I added was for every duelist must ampt out their rarest card before a duel, the loser of the duel must forfeit that rare card to the winner of their duel." You were agape from this rule, your (e/c) were glued to the screen. "That's a total disadvantage for other duelists who are trying to get themselves back up during the tournament! It can ruin a person's entire set deck! Those duelists have connections with their cards, especially the rare ones that are most precious to them. Does he have no empathy towards that if it was his Blue Eyes White Dragon?! Is he insane!?" Your shouting made the trio behind you flinch since they didn't expect you to yell at a screen that was not going to talk back to you with its own opinion or thoughts on this matter.

It certainly got 'Yugi's' attention to you as he admired how you were passionate about the cards themselves like they were things that hold meanings besides just being ordinary cards. A soft smile came upon his face as he looked at you, seeming to be fired up from Kaiba's tournament. Tea saw the way he looked at (Y/n) which tugged something in her heart but she could not understand what it tugged at. She turned her attention back to Kaiba before 'Yugi' noticed and he had done the same.

You were enraged by this rule even though it is a cool concept for this type of tournament. It was unfair since many might not get their cards back. After traveling all their way to this city it would be heartbreaking for them to go home without the card they feel their hearts connected to the most. You clenched your fist as you shot dagger stares at the screen until it showed Kaiba being now on a helicopter. The four of you turned to the helicopter that flew low to be near this area. Kaiba came forth, hanging onto the pole of the helicopter, and he looked down at the crowd that was here."Do not forget to register and pick up your duel disk because exactly one week from today, My Battle City Tournament begins!" He let out such an egotistical laugh as the helicopter left from the camera view. The tv broadcast ended after he departed and returned to what was originally playing.