Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You opened your eyes to being in a completely dark surrounding. There was nothing in sight that you could see after spinning in a circle to seek out if there was anything around you. There was nothing. You were standing there in your black tank top and maroon pajama shorts. Hugging yourself as you were trying to grasp where you were and what was even going on in the first place. Stepping forward in the darkness with your bare feet that touched the cold yet wet floor. It seemed to be water at your feet but it was just a mere few inches, not something to worry too much about.

"(Y/n)?"

A familiar goofy voice called out to you. You turned around to see Yuma standing across from you while holding his arrow shaped pendant in the palm of his hand although it was still around his neck. The teenager was in his pajamas as well as he stared at you in disbelief and tears started to weld up in his magenta eyes. "Yu . . . Yuma?" You breathlessly called his name and he nodded slowly in response.

Yuma had tears stream down his cheeks as he ran over to you and he charged into a hug. Wrapping his arm around your waist tight as if he was trying to assure himself that you were actually standing in front of him. He wallowed in tears into your stomach while he sobbed. Yuma was much shorter than you in height comparison. "Astral told me what happened but I . . ." He clenched his teeth as he buried his face into your stomach "I was so scared after you were swallowed up into that portal." Yuma managed to say through his sobs.

You knew if he saw you crying he would be even more worried than he already was. He was already worried sick about you. It was obvious by his actions alone. You tried to remain strong and not tear up in front of him and gently caressed the back of his head as he cried in your arms.

Yuma clenched the end of your shirt "I was right there and I couldn't do anything! I was right there!" his tears stained your shirt. Poor boy was having a meltdown. You pulled away from Yuma and put your hands on his shoulders "None of this is your fault you hear me!" You stared into Yuma's teary eyes as he stared back at you in surprise from your words. Yuma bit his bottom lip with his hand raised to his eyes in order to wipe away his tears with a few sniffles here and there "(Y/n) . . ."He whimpered out to you. Trying to hide his face from shame he displayed in front of you during this reunion with you.

The poor boy tried to stop the tears from flowing as a tremendous amount of guilt waved over his heart. Having the weight of responsibility for your disappearance was eating away at his consciousness ever since you left. His thoughts and emotions expressed it all in plain sight. He was breaking himself apart right before your eyes. Even when he said Astral had told him what was going on, it was not easing these feelings that were eating away at him. You crouched down and gently took his hands away from his eyes which were warm from the tears he shed that dripped from his palm. Yuma was going to tug his hands back but when he looked into your eyes that stared at him with not an ounce of blame were seen in them. They were the same as they always were whenever you were with him, full of kindness towards him.

It honestly wanted him to cry even more, but only for you not holding him at fault like he made himself to believe all this time. "I am sorry (Y/n), I am so sorry." He hiccuped as you gently caressed his tear stained cheeks. Holding back the tears that crept at the edge of your eyes, seeing him hurt and feeling so much guilt killed you inside. "You have nothing to apologize for, Yuma." You assured the tri-colored haired boy who tried to collect himself. You took your hand off his cheek when he started to wipe away the last set of tears from his eyes that finally stopped showering tears.