Chapter 61: Help me, Help You

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Jaden stood beside Yusei with his eyes laid on the two youngsters weeping from this unfathomable defeat. 'I told those two to stay put and they went anyway . . . However . . .' Yusei's left gloved hand balled into a fist ' . . . My arrival was going to be the same whether I let them go or not . . . I was too late . . . Too stop Paradox . . .' Yusei was frustrated from not getting there to help them. Selene's cries of anguish made him feel even worse knowing that he failed not only her but everyone else. Selene held the bloody dagger in one hand and took off the millennium puzzle ". . . Mama . . . Papa . . ." She had both items held in front of her 'It's happening again . . . Just like . . .' Selene held her items close to her chest. Her tears kept coming down her face. Dripping down her chin to the floor. Selene shakes her head 'No. This is even worse.' Selene continued to weep over their loss. Her heart ached. Her entire body trembled from holding in her frustration and fear she didn't want to admit. Yuma wanted to walk over to comfort her but for some reason he couldn't move. His body was frozen in place with his tears trickling down his face. Yuma was still trying to process how their timelines and world were going to collapse. So much he was taking in from all things yet to come. No matter how much he wanted to move, he just couldn't. It was all starting to get to him. Yuma saw a blue glow fly past him that he couldn't even make his eyes look over towards. That was how stuck he was.

"Lady Selene," Selene didn't lift her head up for Astral. Yuma did though, well, his attention was now on Astral. Taking his mind away from sinking further on this horrible and horrific reality. Astral was floating in front of her with a sympathetic look on his face that was usually expressionless. "You were hurt . . . Let us take care of your wounds." Astral spoke softly down to her. Selene only nodded in response. Not uttering a single word. Until she felt something wrap around her that made her lift her head up once again. Seeing a halfhearted smiling Jaden down on one knee in front of her with his hands tidying up his Slifer red jacket around the princess. "The alien is right." He took his hands back to sling a black sack bag on one of his shoulders that he held with one hand while his other hand was held out towards her "I'm Jaden, Jaden Yuki by the way. What's your name?" Selene wipes her eyes with the back of her right hand as she takes his other hand with her right hand ". . . I am Princess Lady Selene . . ." She introduced herself in a low tone. Not really up for conversation at the moment. "You know I used to be a prince in a past life. It's cool to be meeting another fellow royal." Jaden half-joked with Selene on that. He held her hand while guiding her out of this slightly in flames courtyard to a much safer place.

Yuma watched the two walk a little ahead of him and Yusei, he stayed behind to watch them. Yuma was now curious on what the heck Selene was going on about. Why she had gotten so emotional from. Something more than just from Paradox getting away. Astral came into his view, floating in front of him. Astral stared at Yuma which made Yuma feel nervous for some reason. "Uh, Astral?" Yuma raised a brow and waved his hand in Astral's face that did not flinch or react. Yuma pouted and kept waving his hands in Astral's unphased face. 'Should I tell Yuma about what Lady Selene told me at Caswell's house? About the complicated relationship she has with her father, her father whose spirit resides in the puzzle?' The blue alien thought hard about telling his friend about it. Trying to contradict if Lady Selene would get angry if he had. 'No, I shouldn't. Even if I did tell him, I wouldn't know how to answer why their relationship is complicated in the first place. Lady Selene refused to give me an answer so there would be no point of me telling Yuma when I don't know it all myself. It would make Yuma ask Lady Selene who is already upset as she is. I should still keep it to myself for now.' Astral finally came to a conclusion of his thoughts. He finally blinked out of his daze trance he was in for a while there. Finally noticing Yuma calling out to him as well as waving and jumping. Trying to bring this alien's head out of the stars and back down to earth. "Geez! Don't go spacing out on me now Astral!" Yuma huffed with his hands on his hips. "Sorry, I was just thinking." Astral apologized which made Yuma raise a brow "What got you spacing out anyways?" He asked his alien glow stick friend. Astral was quick to shake his head to his question. "I was thinking about where we will go from here. That's all." He didn't technically lie since he was wondering that too.