Chapter 51: Get Ready

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You were grabbing a drink from your fridge in the afternoon and you closed the fridge door to only see a flaming person standing silently behind the fridge door. The flames made it hard to be able to tell this unknown being's gender. You were unphased seeing the person engulfed in these violent flames. You stared at them "Are you going to say something this time?" You asked.

Nothing.

Only stood and at a red back at you even though they had no face to know they were looking at you. You could just feel that they were.

You sigh in annoyance "Fine. Don't talk. Just don't show up again tonight. I have a date." You walked past the thing to head over to the stairs case 'You show up randomly and never say anything. I'm not creeped out anymore of this thing. I just want to know why it's sticking around.' You thought to yourself while making your way up the stairs and stormed into your bedroom.

»»——❀✿❀——««

"Hurry up, the movie is about to start!" Mai called out to you from down stairs. "I know! Give me a sec! I gotta pee!" You laugh out loud when you rush up the stairs to go to your bathroom. Trying to make it before you peed your pants. You had a long fun day with Mai. You did go home after going to shop for some clothes for Yami for when he had to leave after the special date night you will eventually share with him. You didn't want him to have the walk of shame when he would leave so you decided to buy him a pair of clothes. You were catching up with Mai with your personal life you had in the future and drinking with Mai. Deciding to watch movies for the night while still drinking.

You did your business and all then you went to go wash your hands. Drying your hands after. You open the door to the restroom to scream from the person of flames standing in the entryway. Causing you to fall backwards with your dagger subconsciously into your hand. Manifesting itself into a longsword to be prepared to swing. You got up quickly to your feet to fight it. You swing your sword at it for it only to have it gone through them. This scared you since you could not defend yourself against this fiery being. You stumble backwards while this thing comes close to you with slow steps towards you. Your sword was flashing its glow. Usually it would glow for danger — it was just blinking and flashing. Like it was confused of this thing being a threat or not. 'Now is not the time to be doing something new ya dang dagger! Is this an enemy or not?!' You thought to yourself. You made a surrounding shield with your now dagger again. Since you couldn't puncture it with your sword, you figured it wouldn't work if you tried to use physical force. All you could think of was being on the defensive with your shield to protect yourself. You wanted it nowhere near you in case you would also burst into flames. Or worse, your bathrooms stuff to be in flames. 'Crap, Mai is still downstairs!' Soon as you thought of her you could hear her quick footsteps from afar trying to rush their way up the stairs because of your scream. You were about to shout for her to stay away when the flamed being went right through your shield.

Right through.

Like it was nothing.

You were now feeling scared because you were now up against this mystical being that you could do nothing against. Your heart was racing from the fear rising within you. This feeling you didn't want to feel again so soon. Not after the nightmare of Dartz. Yami Marik did haunt you too, growing your fear of losing people without being able to do anything useful to save them from being weak. Dartz almost ignited the burnt out fear of being alone but you knew you were not alone. However, he did create the fear of being alone with no one to save you. That fear Dartz made was now riling up inside of you. Right here. In front of this new enemy. You were finding it hard to try to see it being other than one. You were frozen by fear once it walked through your shield. You couldn't move. You were scared yet you couldn't bring yourself to scream or speak. Not until it was closing in. "What the hell do you want!?" You held your dagger up anyway to defend. Your voice cracked when you tried to raise it to be the bigger threat. You couldn't yell for help since you didn't want Mai to get hurt or be involved since she couldn't do anything against this thing either.