Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

There is going to be 1st person and 2nd person in this chapter. If you get confused - comment and I will help clarify.

It is because I am going to have Jane explain and express these memories so it is the 1st person (in italics) but 2nd person is for me to write the characters movements.

It is gonna be confusing because I suck at 1st person.

Bear with me!

Alright! Enough explaining! More reading!

WARNING: Sensitive topics up - Suicide.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Jane's memory showed Jane sitting by the tablet tomb with a bottle of wine in her hands. She was the age she was presented as today. It took place in the middle of the night where only a little bit of fire torches lighted the surroundings.

This was the following night before the coronation ceremony for you and the prince. The following night before you both shall be crowned king and queen. The following night before the long awaited prince became the pharaoh after 3 long but quickly gone by years. It was the following night I was going to have to give you away to the prince I desired to be in his place for you to be wedded to. I leaned my head back as I drank away my pain. I couldn't get drunk but it made the pain I felt in my heart become less and less with every sip I drank of that substance. It was super dark. A quiet night besides my hiccups. "I wish he would just disappear . . . Let me be with her . . . It's not fair . . . I was in love with her first . . . For so long . . ." I spoke to no one but the quiet nights with no stars in the sky this particular night. I should have known by there being no stars meant that a terrible upcoming day was going to occur.

"It is unfair, why must you wallow in pity from the man who took the woman you love? Why should you have to be the one who suffers in the end after everything?" A raspy voice whispered from the darkness. Almost like the shadows were echoing off his voice. It was a voice I did not know from anyone in the castle. No one would pull such a prank either, not anyone of the palace at least. "Who are you?!" I shout out into the darkness. I stumbled to my feet and took a torch to light my surroundings to find the voice's source.

You gasped at the familiar spine chilling voice that made your body start to shake just from the voice alone. "No, It can't be." You shutter as you watch the memory play out. Kari had both her hands rubbing your arms to stop you from trembling but it was no use. Your body was trembling just like that day. Like that duel. "What's wrong?" Shark asked after seeing how terrified you were from this new character coming into Jane's memories.

I walked around the place but when I turned a terrifying face of a man stood above the flames of the torch.

"Bakura . . ." You whisper in fright. Shark looks at Kari who knew who you were talking about based on the information you told her about this guy. He was that other Bakura who was tan and had a scar down his eye. The malice he spread through his presence alone made everyone grow uncomfortable and a little intimidated from him.