Chapter 24: Back to the Future

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You could smell the scent of fresh lavender tingling your nose. Your (e/c) shot open and you inhaled sharply as you sat up quickly. Choking from inhaling too quickly. Averting your eyes to look around in a panic frenzy. You hand clutch your clothes above your heart with heavy soft pants. Your heart was racing at an intense pace which was in sync to this beeping sound coming off from beside you. You finally turned to the sound and saw the heart rate monitor beeping in sync with your heart rate. 'These heart rate monitors are too advanced to be Kaiba's from the infirmary on Kaiba Corp island.' You took out the iv you had in your arm and it was then you realized you were in a hospital gown. 'I am not on Kaiba Corp island . . . I am really in a hospital . . .' You saw a vase with flowers which were lavender. The source of the scent that whaffed the blank and white open spaced hospital room. You stared at the flowers, taking in their beauty, entranced by their color they were exposed with the last of the beaming evening sun that pierced through the window behind them.

'. . . Yami . . .' You silently gasped as it was all coming back to you all at once. You hugged yourself and hunched a little forward from the recollection of the horrible pain you can recall as clear as day. You remembered Jane and started to look around once again but she was nowhere to be seen yet again. You frantically stopped hugging yourself and you looked down at your hands and used every mental strength you had.

Nothing.

Not a damn thing happened.

Your dagger was not manifesting into your hand.

A shaky exhale left your lips when you came to the conclusion - you no longer possessed the abilities of your dagger. You were starting to tremble from not only that fact but the fact that you were alive. You didn't die like you heard Ishizu say you were supposed to. 'Although . . . there was that dream . . . felt too real . . . Is it a past memory? No, it feels like a recent one like I was there but not there. I may be thinking too much into it. Yet why do I get the feeling that guy is going to reappear? Why do I also have this great urge to put a stop to him? Why the heck was Yami a knight? Why does that creepy man also feel familiar too?' This only left your mind scrambling down a rabbit hole. Jumping at the sound of the door sliding open to see Rio holding a "Get Well" teddy bear, Tori ended up having the same bear in her own hands. A simple grey teddy bear with icy blue eyes that looked so adorable. The two having the same bear was hilarious but you couldn't bring yourself to laugh about it. The two girls were talking about something until they saw you. Their eyes started to rile up in immediate tears and they dropped the bears to run over to your side. "(Y/n)!!!" they cried out as they charged at you with a hug that sent you back into again.

Shark came walking in with two bookbags under one arm and in both hands were plastic bags with an immense amount of food. He set it down on the nearby table. "No guys, I don't need help, y'all can leave me to carry the heavy stuff." He grumbled as he threw the two bookbags over on a sofa chair. Huffing when he turned to you with wide eyes when you managed to sit up once again with the girls crying in your arms. You were awake. "(Y/n) is awake . . ." he softly told himself the obvious before stumbling backwards to the doorway that was left open from the girls who didn't close it earlier. He stayed at the door way but turned his head down to the right "OI!!! YUMA!! (Y/N) IS AWAKE!!!" He yelled down the hallway. He made a face which ticked him off "NO I AM NOT JOKING YUMA!! ONLY A IDIOT LIKE YOU WOULD JOKE ABOUT THAT!!! HURRY YOUR ASS UP!!" Shark apparently snapped at Yuma. Shark turned around to only meet a pillow while jacking him in the face.