Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die

This is Chapter 70. I deleted an Author's Note chapter that is now a total of 72 official Chapters 3 Chapter update). 

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

— ♡ Astelle's POV ♡ —

"Can't I be a part of the meetings with you four?" I asked one of my upper ranked deities. Earth, Air, fire, and water. Edgar, Amity, Fiona, and Wilz. They controlled everything of nature that resided in the world below.

Wilz was a lean man whose skin was a gentle blue and marine life carvings moved on his skin. He wore turtle shell-shaped glasses that showed his shimmering teal eyes and his dark green hair was tied back into a bun.

Amity had skin as white as snow with gentle light gray freckles cascading her shoulders and face. Her hair was super long and straight but cloudy at the ends that puffed so gently. Her eyes were a beautiful light blue that stood out amongst her entire bright features.

Fiona was a tall woman with strong muscles and her hair was into high pigtails which molten lava down each pigtail (it never dropped lava miraculously). Her eyes were dark but fearsome as her orange winged eyeliner. She was cute but ferocious.

Then there was Edgar . . . He had dark brown skin that reflected light so beautifully and made him stand out effortlessly. He had dark green afro hair that had flowers cascaded inside within his branchy flower halo. He was masculine and a little taller than Fiona. His eyes were a serene green that reminded me of humans' gentle grass and trees that help them breathe and grow. He was the kindest out of all of them. The one who was strongest too. He was the one who took care of the things below the most. The leader of the four, keeping everyone ground (literally).

"Again with this Astelle?" Wilz groans with his hand on his hip. "For the last time. This is for the elite. Those who actually do things for the world." Amity sternly adds with her arms crossed. "I-I can help! With the civilians I can control them to run to safety! I can also, um, put the enemies to sleep! I can be of use just like the four of you!" I held my book tightly to my chest. I had skin of gold that shimmered gently in this mansion of gods lights. 'Even though I borrowed only a little from Osiris without him noticing. It still can be useful! I can learn from it to make some of my own, maybe, uh . . . in due time? I think?' I pushed my little mischief to the side to focus on the higher ranked deities in front of me.

"Taking advantage of the people is . . . Wrong and cruel." Fiona interjects her opinion in a sweet voice that doesn't feel like it belonged to a tall, sweet, buff woman like her. Wilz clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. "It's downright malicious! The high gods won't approve such methods either!" Amity scoffed. "Hey, hey. Calm down everyone." I smiled hearing Edgar's intervention. "Astelle," A blissful smile adorned his dashing face as he approached. "You have your own duties. They are beautiful and help mortals physically in a way we can't. Your time will come when the time is right for your power to be used. Just . . . not now?" His pitch in his tone sounded a little unsure at the end but . . . I was too blinded by admiration to consider that faction. Too distracted by his flowery words and his strand tuck of my loose low ponytail hair he placed behind my ear to comprehend his words entirely.

"Oh o-okay." I mumbled, watching him smile made my golden heart flutter. Edgar smiled more as he moved back "Have a good evening, Astelle." He departs with that. The other three followed him inside the doors that shut themselves slowly in my face . . .