Chapter 32: Save Your Tears

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Everyone was pushed out of the room and they were standing in the abyss plain again.

Kari looked at Jane with utter disbelief "You seriously went through with it . . ." Kari went over to Jane to make her face her "Oh you're crying?! Really now!? You have no right to cry Jane the Traitor!" Kari and Yuma were both one in the same as they were both getting ready to hit the woman. The two of them were pulled back by none other than you. "(Y/n)!? What are you doing?!" Shark exclaimed as you went over to Jane with your head hung low before you punched her across the face yourself. Jane wasn't even surprised you punched her. A single punch from you was a show of mercy, Jane knew that. She would have wanted you to punch her more for her betrayal but you refrained from doing so.

"If she wanted to tell me what she did, she could have told me straight up but instead she showed me what led to her decision and for that I respect." You looked at Jane with tears in your eyes. Full of all these mixed emotions "I understand now what led you down that path and I know that this doesn't make you the real villain." Your voice was breaking when you were trying to talk. You went and pulled Jane into your arms. Jane tried to pull away from your arms, shaking her head, the more she tried to pull away the tighter you held onto her "NO! I WAS A VILLAIN!! IT WAS MY FAULT!! I WAS SELFISH!!! I RUINED EVERYTHING FOR A LOVE THAT COULD NEVER BE AND I DIDN'T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TRIED TO WARN ME!! I WAS STUPID! I'M A MONSTER!!!" Jane was sobbing through telling the truth she only could see from what those memories she had. She couldn't see anything you were seeing, let alone understand how you were not so outraged for her betrayal that made you suffer so much in the end. "THERE WAS NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE KNOWN ANY OF THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO US!! NO ONE COULD HAVE!! YOU EVEN TOLD US YOURSELF THAT YOU BELIEVED WE WOULD BE ABLE TO COUNTER THE EVIL THAT BEFELL US!!" You paused before you continued "You were toyed with by greater evil." Jane could feel your tears continuously drop on her shoulders. "That evil from that thief, Bakura, you were always terrified. I could feel your fear because our souls are part of one another. My body would always shake in fright but it was you who was scared the entire time. I never blamed you for leaving me in the past when it all happened, right? I am not even balming you now because it wasn't your fault! His greatest crime was toying with you who only wanted to be loved! He was the true villain for using you with that!" You buried your face in her neck. "I am sorry that I could not love you in that way in the past and I am even more sorry that I cannot love you like that now but I love you as a friend. A friend that I don't blame for any of this . . . So please . . . Stop blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault . . ." You couldn't imagine how long Jane must have continuously thought that all of this was her fault for thousands and thousands of years. No one could hear her. No one could see her. Jane was alone with this guilt that has weighed over her for so long.

Your heart was breaking thinking about it. Knowing you were the only one to be able to have her be finally seen but never got to experience the joy of seeing you again without her memory being wiped. Having to suffer this guilt all over again after she just settled with it after years. Having to help you while having no clue of who she was or what she was. Forced to find this out along your journey and always disappearing to deal with it on her own. Jane lost her home. Jane lost her second home. Jane lost her knight friends and her human friends. She had no one. Jane was never able to face you until this night to have the complete courage to tell the truth. A terrible and sad truth. You clung onto her tighter " . . . You've suffered enough Jane . . ." You couldn't say anything more. Your voice gave out and only sounds leaving you were endless sobs. Jane went limp in your embrace. She could not believe what she was hearing from you. You were apologizing when you had no right to even do so. This act of kindness was not deserved by a monster like Jane. Yet you gave it to her. "You don't have to love me. I am okay with that now after thinking it over and over for 3,000 years. I just want you to be happy now, that's all I want." Jane whimpered as she finally wrapped her arms around you to hug you tightly. Jane wanted nothing more than for you to be happy. She couldn't bear having you suffer like that again. Jane was willing to let you go completely this time. She was for sure of it this time around.