Chapter 67: My Little Star

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. The Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You softly pant under your breath, finally in front of the kingdom's gates. You held your hands against the large gold doors to push them forward. You stopped yourself just as you were about to shove open the doors. "Wait a minute. I'm a ghost." You muttered. You stepped through the doors to the other side without a problem. 'Going through things is going to make things easier to navigate this place quickly.' You confidently thought. You made your way across the courtyard with several guards standing at their posts while some maidens and servants were going on about their day. "Oh my!" A servant yelps. Trying to hold the basket full of laundry that was slipping out due to a little girl running past them, toward where you stood. "Please be careful Lady Selene!" the servant called out to the running princess. "Sorry!" She giggled with a bright smile on her young face.

You were glad to see a familiar face in this memory which brought a smile to your face. Your smile subsided when you saw a woman chasing after the princess. "Y-Your majesty!" The servant was taken aback seeing their queen acting childish too. Some of the maidens giggled at the sight of the queen playing tag with her daughter. You saw yourself in a beautiful lavender tunic with a gold belt that had purple gemstones shaped around like a flower with a silver-white gem in the middle to be the flower bud. It flowed with light sheer lavender straps that fell gently off your shoulders. She was decorated in magnificent jeweled bracelets and earrings but her hair stood the most out with little beaded jewels in almost every strand that made her stand out. Her circlet crown complimented the jewels and her attire well. The woman was none other than you but also not you.

Neo Queen (Y/n), Princess Lady Selene's mother.

You noticed she wore the millennium puzzle around her neck and you did not see Yami anywhere. You assumed the worst may have happened in this parallel world's version of him. "Caught you!" Neo Queen (Y/n) laughs as she snatched Princess Selene up into her arms. Selene laughs with her as she wrapped her arms around the other you's neck. You instinctively placed a hand on your stomach 'I . . . We . . . Could have had this . . . Had her . . .' You took your hand away from your stomach. Shaking your sad thoughts away. Forcing yourself to focus on the task at hand. You knew there was no time to be thinking about that. The prime focus was the mastermind of all the chaos. The Sand Woman. You just needed to find her. A large gust of wind seeps throughout the entire courtyard. Neo Queen (Y/n) instinctively held the back of princess Selene's head to have the princess's face in the nape of her neck. Shielding her from being blinded by the blowing sand that made it difficult to see anything. You shielded your eyes from the sand.

It only died down after a brutal minute. You groan as you dust yourself off from the sand that was now just all over you. Your ears perked at the sound of a sword being unsheathed. You turn back to your parallel world self but only to be facing her with the millennium dagger as a sword. Pointing straight at your throat and a sharp intense stare down at you. "State your name and business in my kingdom. Depending on your business, we might settle this peacefully. If your affairs are deemed sinister – I won't hesitate to stain these sands in your blood." Neo Queen (Y/n) spoke intensely and her tone was stern and intimidating. You never thought you would be on the other side of seeing your scary side. Yet here you were. That was when you noticed her eye's attention was not on you. They were staring at someone behind you. You turned around and stood beside them. Guards were surrounding her with their weapons drawn at this unknown woman that your other self was staring at.