Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

It was like this was a dream that you never ever wanted to wake up from.

A dream you longed for instead of those dreams that kept giving you whiplash of trying to remember what was going on in them.

"(Y/n)" Yami cupped your face with his hands ever so softly and let his thumbs wipe away the tears that fell from you (e/c) eyes. You leaned into his hand, this time you were not overwhelmed or shy to pull yourself away like last time. Your eyes closed as you were drowning yourself in his warmth.

You hummed when he called you. Not caring about your tears that stained your rosy cheeks. "Who are Yuma and Kari?" Your heart sank to that question. Just thinking about them made your heart ache. Yuma wasn't here in the room with you to tease the living heck out of you for being too close for normal comfort of just regular friends with Yami.

You opened your eyes, taking your face away from his hands to turn your face away, looking down at the floor. "I wish I can tell you but . . . I can't . . . " You knew this was going to make you start being suspicious but it was the only resort for you to keep their existence safe. Even if you made a excuse, the future of them would be compromised. You are willing to take risks but their entire identity was the thing being gambled. It wasn't the right time to begin to tell Yami or everyone else this.

Especially the fact of you not being a part of this time period either. He did not try to ask you about them again. Yami only stared at you for a long while before he cupped one of your cheeks to turn back to him to meet his gaze. "May I at least know where you got this millennium dagger of yours?" He was asking a good question. A question you can actually give him an answer for that didn't have greater consequences. "I hope you're ready for complicated story telling." You lightly chuckled.

Yami took his hand off your cheek to lay himself on the bed, his upper body being faced to the foot of the bed. He supported his head with his elbow and hand. "I am all ears." You couldn't help but smile at his actions. You went back down on the bed to lay beside him. Laying on your back as you explained to him your dreams, the dagger appearing, and Jane. Not going to further details of the stuff you left out which are major keys of it: time traveling, Yuma and Kari, Astral's spirit, and your Duel Monster Deck filled that have a few monsters that don't exist and number cards. You even took the dagger out from your boot to show Yami so he could have a closer look on it.

"Where is this Jane now? Has she been here with us?" Yami asked you and you shook your head. "She gave us some privacy for now. I never tried to call out for her to come back after she goes and disappears on me. She comes back on her own." Yami thought to himself for a moment after you said that. "So like a regular cat?" You froze and laughed softly,"Yeah, I guess she does." It never even occurred to you before that Jane did act like an actual cat. Guess you just weren't thinking she did because of the way she talks and carries her little kitty self. Jane acted more like a human with you than a cat whenever she was with you but she does have a cat-like personality sometimes.

Yami smiled more when he heard you laugh, it brought joy to his soul. "If it is alright with you, I would love to meet her when she comes back." Yami brushed back a strand of your hair away from your face. He was curious about this talking cat, it was a talking cat, how could he not be? Well, for you it was different. She brought you here ish so you didn't exactly like or felt like being excited or curious when you first met her. Mostly was furious because she took you away from your home to be here but you also can't be mad too much. Yami was here to make that go away and you didn't hold a grudge against her at all. It was almost inevitable in a sense.