Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

There were too many people to see a little cat roaming around. You were pushing past a few people to try to find Jane who was just with you. "She would leave without saying anything but she was looking forward to tonight." You were talking to yourself as you were crouching a bit to try to find Jane through the crowd. Finding a little cat in this humongous crowd was making you grow super anxious 'What if she gets stepped on? Does she know where we are? She told me she would tell me what she was hiding tonight, did she run away while she had the chance? No - Jane wouldn't do that. I know in my heart she wouldn't. I have to know if what she is hiding is what I am thinking . . . and if . . . If I am right . . .' You stopped in your tracks and tried to calm your breathing. You looked up to the full moon that was hovering over the city. Gleaming brightly. Looming the dark sky with its beautiful glow. 'What will I -' You were bumped into which made you take your eyes off the moon to apologize to the person you bumped into. That was before you recognized the person you bumped by.

"(Y/n)?" the person asked with concern behind his voice. It was Kite who you bumped into. "Oh, Hi Kite." You lightly chuckle to avoid him asking the question if something was wrong. You didn't want to worry him on this special night. You didn't want to ruin anyone's night over you. "Are you okay?" Kite asked the question you didn't want him to ask anyway. He was wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt instead of a classic white dress shirt under. He had a dark green tie with his suit and he was with his little brother, Haruto, who was in a matching suit but with a yellow tie. They looked absolutely adorable in your eyes. You smiled softly and nod. "I am quite fine, Kite." You crouched and poked Haruto's cheek "It is good to see you again Haruto. It has been a while hasn't it?" Haruto giggled when you poked his cheek which made your smile grow more. "We were just about to get some punch. Join us!" Haruto insisted. He was holding Kite's sleeve which reminded you of Mokuba. How he would hold Kaiba's sleeve when he was anxious or to make sure he was still beside him. Brotherly bonds you got to see in both timelines.

You pat Haruto's head "I will be right there after I fix my heel. I fear I must have caught something on it." You lied about your heel. It was an excuse to look around for Jane some more. Nonetheless the boys believed you. "We will prepare a cup for you then! Come on Kite! I think I see Yuma and the others over there! Hurry! Hurry!" Haruto tugged Kite to follow him. Kite looks at you then his brother then back at you "Go on Kite." You chuckle as you can see Kite was torn from wanting to check on you and having fun with his little brother. Once you told him to hurry along with his brother, he let his brother drag him along to the large table with an immense amount of overwhelming food and drinks. You watched them go over to the others who were happy to see them. 'They look so happy . . .' You looked over to your right to see Kari with Hiro who you knew was crushing over Kari for the longest time in the office. She never looked so happy within another person's presence. Not with you or any other co-workers. The orchestra played "Amore Mio Aiutami (My Love)" that was constructed by a man named Piero Piccino (A/N: That is not a character, that is the actual musician who coordinated this piece). You watched your bestfriend take Hiro's hand and they went over to the dance floor to dance to this lovely slow song.

It was a beautiful song for this perfect dreamy night. Kari looked so swept off her feet and Hiro looked at her with such tenderness and adoration towards her. When they made a turn your mind imagined it was you and Yami dancing across the dance floor. Just the two of you. No one else is present in this ball room. He would have been leading the two of you as you were just following mindlessly along with his footing. Too entranced within the moment to try to take the lead and let him sweep you away. Yami would have had the same look in his eyes as he always had with you. Nothing but love and endless kindness. Your heart was aching as you turned away from Kari and Hiro who were back as themselves and not your imagination of what you wholeheartedly desired. You forced yourself to remain focused. "I gotta find Jane." You whisper to yourself as you were about to go search for Jane you felt someone had taken your wrist and gently tugged it for you to turn around. "Haruto, I said I would be there in a bit. Give me a . . ." You turned to who you thought would be Haruto who had your wrist to probably drag you back. Instead it was a person you did not recognize in the slightest. They were someone you never seen before and were pretty sure no one you knew had known this person who held your arm.