Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"I don't know who you are talking to but they must not be important. Considering I cannot see them so they must be someone that doesn't deserve to be seen by even great individuals." Dartz shrugs with a sigh. Jane ignored Dartz and her body glowed gold then her entire self went into Yami's duel deck. Ready and waiting for when he will use her in this duel. Tea growls under her breath "She is someone who you should be fearing! She and her friends will make sure you wish you never said those words!!" Tea threatens Dartz. He was unphased by her threat, giving a simple wave at the girl. "Whatever. Let's continue our duel." He wanted to move on and take the pharaoh's soul. Wanting to hurry up this duel to make his paradise already. "I Draw!!" Yami shouts as he draws his next card. "First I will play my spell card: Pot of Greed. As you know this card lets me draw 2 more cards!" Yami drew 2 more cards from his deck and placed them in his hand. "Next I summon my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian to the field." Obnoxious Celtic Guardian was played in defense mode. He had 1200 defense points. 'I will have to wait until I draw the card Pegasus gave me just like in Jane's memories. I know how this will turn out but ever since he brought the fake (Y/n) here to mess with our heads, I can't help but be off my game. My mind is better now thanks to Jane clearing my dark thoughts and my beloved (Y/n) showing herself to me. Making me stand back up just like she did. I don't want to let the world or my beloved (Y/n) down. Jane is especially counting on me as I am counting on her to aid me in this duel. Things are going to be different future outcomes now than the one in Jane's memories. Now that Jane wants me to put her into play. I have to play it safe as in Jane's memories for right now and prepare for Jane's arrival.' Yami tried to calm his jitters and prepare his mind and himself for these next outcomes. "I play one face down and end my turn." He knew what was going to happen next. Just like Jane's memories, Dartz gained 20,000 life points once his turn came after Yami finished his. Giving Dartz's Dexia the chance to activate its special ability. Since Yami summoned his Obnoxious Celtic Guardian, Orichalcos Dexia gains 300 more attack points thanks to its special ability activating. Having Orichalcos Dexia now with over 1500 attack points.

Dartz drew his new card to begin his turn "It's over pharaoh. Your life points are wide open and you are out of moves. I am the winner of this duel." He held his hand out towards Yami "Now go! Orichalcos Dexia! Destroy his Obnoxious Celtic Guardian!" Dartz commanded his monster to aim their arms blast at Yami's monster. "Not so fast!" Yami held his hand out and his face down rose up "I reveal my face down – My trap card Soul Shield! By giving up half my life points, my trap activates. Blocking your attack and keeping my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian is safe from harm!" Yami announces as the blast hits a clear shield that was in front of Obnoxious Celtic Guardian. Yami's life points plummet from 4300 to 2150. Tristan and Tea shield their eyes from the blasting winds from the shield taking the hit from Orichalcos Dexia's attack. "No matter. It is only a matter of time before I finish you off." Dartz mutters "I end my turn." He announces his turn ending.

"Why don't you fight a real opponent and fight me instead, Dartz." Rafael activated his duel disk. "What are you doing Rafael!?" Yami exclaimed as he saw Rafael challenging Dartz to duel. 'You are losing your life points. Lady (Y/n) needs you and the world. If I take over the duel your soul will be spared and you will have time to retreat with Lady (Y/n), wherever she is, and create a better plan. This plan is failing. Best for you and your friends to retreat for now. Let this be my thank you for opening my soul to the light from the darkness Dartz infested me with.' Rafael thought to himself as he waited for Dartz's response. He wanted to stall for time. Anything to keep the pharaoh from risking his soul anymore. Dartz turns his attention from the pharaoh to Rafael "Your purpose is no longer needed. I used all I could from you. You are of no use to me. You have fulfilled what I needed." Dartz waves his hand for Rafael to shoo. To go away. Rafael blinks, confused from what he said. "What do you mean I fulfilled what you needed? You are making it sound like the souls I foolishly collected for you were not the only thing I provided. What did I do that you needed?" Rafael questioned Dartz who was getting annoyed from Rafael's interruption to his duel with Yami.