Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Marik was not making any of this easier on you and you were making sure it wasn't easy for him either. you managed to avoid his revival jam monster. The card that gave a little trouble to Yami and Mai. You were left with no monsters on your side of the field and only had 2000 life points left. Marik's was down to 3300 life points. He had the masked beast on his side and a face down. It was looking bad. "I am sorry for the delay (Y/n). It has been quite a while." A familiar ghostly voice spoke beside you. You look to your side and see the blue alien friend you haven't seen since before the finals. "Good to see you Astral. I had a feeling you would come." Astral smiled at you and he pointed to your extra deck "I am deeply sorry for being unavailable to come. Many things happened that I cannot explain now. Will have to save that conversation for later. It's time (Y/n). This duel will turn around now that I am here." You nod firmly to Astral. You drew your next card from your extra deck.

"It's that guy again. Wonder what they're talking about." Yugi's spirit asked no one as he saw you conversing with Astral. You had the look of determination and a smile on your face.

You played a card from your hand "I activate the spell card, Ancient rules. Allowing me to play a level 5 or above monster onto my field directly from my hand. The monster I chose is the monster Junk Gardna in defense mode!" You were lucky you have that card which meant you didn't have to use synchro summoning to have it be in your field. Junk Gardna was this green shield robot with 1400 ATK and 2000 DEF. You drew from your extra deck into your hand and pulled two cards to set onto your duel disk to be summoned on your field. "I place Gagaga Magician and Ganbara Knight on my playing field. They won't be here for long because I override the network to XYZ summon!" a little starry wormhole appears on your side of the field and both monsters you played face into it.

"A what summon?" Duke blinked.

"A XYZ summon. I dunno what that is. It must be a future summon used in the game." Tea shrugged.

"Rise up onto my field Number 39: Utopia!" You shout as a tall white knight monster comes onto your field. It was a lvl 8 monster with 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF points. He was placed in attack mode. "I place one face down and end my turn." You place single face down on your side of the field just as you said. Your turn was over for the time being.

Joey was jumping up and down with Serenity "Look at those monsters! She was able to summon them in a single turn." Joey boasted as he was excited to see you coming back from Marik's hits. Serenity had a big smile on her face "They look strong too! Especially that Utopia!" She pointed out.

Jane was being held in Tea's arms as the two of them were still worried for your well-being in this duel. "Whose (Y/n) talking to anyways? Another invisible friend like you Jane?" Jane nods to Tea. "Their name is Astral. His presence alone is why she was able to summon Utopia in the first place. It's a special XYZ monster. Very different from other XYZ monster cards." Jane explained which only left Tea more lost on this summoning stuff.

"But neither of her monsters have the strength to defeat Marik's beast monster. How does she expect to beat him with these two monsters?" Tristan made a good point there. The masked beast had 3000 ATK points and neither monster had the power to take out the beast. You didn't attack either which was odd unless you had something up your sleeve.