Chapter 48: Roomies

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You were walking behind Kaiba down a long hallway. Mokuba was running up ahead even though Kaiba told him to slow down or he would fall. Mokuba ran anyway despite almost stumbling a few times. He managed to catch himself those few times. They led to a door that you and Kaiba finally stood in front of where Mokuba was eagerly waiting for the two of you to hurry up and get to the door already. Swaying side to side with impatience. "This is your room (Y/n)!!" Mokuba told you with a bright smile on his face with his hands gesturing to the door. Kaiba opened the door wide, stepping aside for you to walk in to see the room. You looked at them before you made your way inside of the room. Your entire face dropped from pure shock "YOU CALL THIS A ROOM?!" Your voice echoed in this penthouse-like apartment you were getting to stay in. This could have been an entire house alone considering it was two floors with the living room taking most of the lower floor as well as the kitchen. There was a library upstairs with more bedrooms than you needed to use up there on the 2nd floor. You were only a single person who didn't need this much space to stay in. The place was well furnished already which made this place not truly feel yours as you felt more like a guest being in this place than being in your own place.

'Just how did I get myself into this extravagant housing?' You thought to yourself while looking around more. The Kaiba brothers lingered by the entrance while you were exploring like a small child of this new environment. Leaving Knight Timaeus's cape on the couch.

»»——❀✿❀——««

You were sitting in the ship with Tea and Mokuba on one side while the others were on the other side of the helicopter. "I was just telling Joey about how you conjured up a machine gun." Tristan pointed his thumb over to Joey who was leaning back in his seat with a pout on his face. Arms crossed, having a little fit. Joey growled "I wanted to see (Y/n) pull out a cool move like that! Damn Dartz would take me out when cool things would happen!" Joey complained about not being there to see the cool stuff that went down when he was out of commission. Tea giggled seeing Joey being himself again after talking about Jane's sacrifice to them. Hearing some laughter set her aching heart at ease. "It was thanks to (Y/n) that we all got out alright. With the help of some losers." Kaiba referred to Joey and Yami as well as Yugi being those so-called losers he was talking about. They gave him a side look of annoyance from his money tight insults. Kaiba ignored their eyes on him and remained focused on you. "And because you helped my brother and I get our company back, we came to an agreement to have you stay with us!" Mokuba announced with a proud smile across his youthful face. Yugi's friends and you all exclaim "HUH?!" in unison from being shocked by this news. This must have been discussed privately between Kaiba and Mokua since the others who were with Kaiba and Mokuba the entire helicopter ride to find you and Yami were equally as surprised about this as you both were.

Yami clears his throat and looks at you "You know you don't have to take up on his offer. You are more than welcome to stay with any of us." he quickly made this announcement without consulting with the others about it first because they all stared at the clearly jealous Yami for his blunt decision that was dragging them down with. Yugi appeared in between you and Yami in spirit. Looking down at the pharaoh "Pharaoh! You should have thought through what you said! We don't have the space for her to stay at the Game Shop! I don't want her to sleep on a couch! Joey could take her in but you forget about his dad not being the greatest guy in the world. Then there is Tristan who has siblings to take care of so he is not an option either. Tea's place is too small for two people! (Y/n) is best to stay with the Kaiba and Mokuba!" Yugi was trying to drop logical sense on Yami who was glancing at Yugi then back at you at the same time. He was listening but Yugi felt like it was too late to try to get through to the old king. You clung to the cape and cleared your own throat. "If you still don't trust me then you could have just said that straight up yourself Ya - Yugi." You grumbled through your toothy fake smile from being a little ticked off from him not trusting you to stay with Mokuba and Kaiba. Joey and Tristan looked at each other and both sensed trouble was starting to stirr between the two of you. 'Count on Kaiba for making things difficult for the couple.' Tea rubbed her temples while thinking about Kaiba making things brawl between you two.