Chapter 43: Knight's Unite

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"How are you still standing!?" Dartz demanded for Yami to tell him how the hell he survived. He was close to getting his soul. Growing quite tired of him always having these comebacks to avoid him from getting his soul. Dartz just wanted to hurry back to you with this world being beautiful and new for you to rule beside him. "It's simple. I played a card, a powerful face down." His face down was revealed from the dust. It was a trap card. "This trap card is known as Relay Soul. It activates right when my life points reach 0. Allowing me to stay in the game by summoning Dark Magician Girl. Putting my fate in her hands." He explains, glancing over to Dark Magician Girl. She looked over her shoulder to Yami with a confident smile and a firm nod. Both face forward to Dartz. She was kneeling because Yami played her in defense mode, having 1700 defense points."He is alright Maiden Jane." Jane whipped her head around to turn to Dark Magician Girl. She was smiling already at her. "Knight Hermos believes in you and in the pharaoh. I believe in you too that we will be victorious." She assured Jane. Jane faced forward with her sword raised in front of her again. Holding her sword tightly in her hands. "Good." Jane said with relief. She knew that if this were a real war, just like 10,000 years ago, that Knight Hermos would have died. Jane never thought that being a duel monster in this game would make her so happy right now. Knowing he is safe is all that mattered to her.

"We are in the same boat now, Dartz. Both of our life points are at 0 and both of our fates rely on this final phase." Yami held his cards in his hands. Dartz drew a card "Final it will be for you because I possess more power than you could ever comprehend. I will prove it by playing this!" He places a spell card in his duel disk. Appearing on his field was a spell card "Impact Revive! It allows me to resurrect a monster that was destroyed during this turn. Giving it also extra 500 attack points." Knight Hermos returned to the field. His armor banged up from holding off Dartz's monster earlier. "Did you miss me captain?" Knight Hermos pants with a toothy grin. Jane nudged him "Of course you big goof." Jane smiled underneath her helmet. Jane didn't want to thank Dartz at all for bringing Knight Hermos back to the field. Even though it was supposed to be Timaeus who got hit, this still hurt seeing her comrade hurt by the likes of Dartz. "I thought it would be fun to see Maiden Jane suffer again with the awesome power of my serpent. Which I get to use again since Impact Revival lets me attack again! This time I will get rid of that weak Dark Magician Girl!!" He points to Dark Magician Girl. The Divine Serpent Geh opened its mouth and shot out another blast.

Dark Magician Girl held her little magic rod in her hand, getting nervous. Facing the blast that was heading her way with a determined look upon her sweet face. "Legendary Knight Hermos! Block attack!" Yami shouted out to Knight Hermos. He automatically went to Dark Magician Girl with his sword blocking the attack. He was prepared and told to defend, unlike when he defended Jane from harm, he was not told to use his special ability to do so. That was on his own free will. This time he was able to stay in the game but also protect Yami from being out of the game as well. "I won't let you harm another teammate of my monsters! Knight Hermos's special ability, Swords of Renewal, allows him to absorb a monster from my graveyard. The monster I chose was my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian, Keeping Knight Hermos safe from any more with 1900 attack points or more" Knight Hermos went back to standing beside Jane after he fended off the blast from Dartz's monster. "I couldn't let a pretty lady like Ms. Magician Girl get hurt. I cannot stand the sight of a woman hurt." Knight Hermos glanced over to Dark Magician Girl and winked. Dark Magician Girl blushed, turning her head away with a giggle. Knight Critias squints his eyes at Knight Hermos "Are you seriously flirting in the middle of battle?" He judged Knight Hermos that had a goofy smile on his face when he turned his attention to Knight Critias "Oh come on. After 10,000 years I got to make every moment count." He boasted. Knight Timaeus shakes his head "I am surprised you got in this squad with that mindset." Knight Critias teased his fellow knight. Knight Hermos shared a glare off with Knight Critias.