Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Dartz was in his temple and he grabbed one of the candelabras in front of the soul tablet walls and threw it at Yugi's soul tablet in a fit of rage. "NO! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?" He yelled throughout the temple. Stomping in his quick paces back and forth from his snake head offerings table. Where the 3 Egyptian God cards were placed upon those vipers tongues as a powerful offering to fuel the Great Leviathan. He chewed a bit of his thumb as he paced. "SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD! HOW THE HELL ARE LADY (Y/N) AND THAT DAMN 4th GUARDIAN HERE?!" He growled in frustration. He was able to sense your presence and Jane's with the power of the Seal of Orichaclos soldiers you kept taking down with Jane when you were on your way to the pharaoh. Seeing through his soldiers under his control of both your whereabouts. He knew you were watching the duel against the pharaoh and Rafael through Rafael's orichalcos stone necklace around his neck. The mad man had to admit you looked much more enchanting at your age now than being a mere teenager last he came face to face with you. More mature but gave off the glow and beauty that appeared more radiant than it was 5,000 years ago.

"If she was here to stop me then she would have used that damn Staff of Light against my soldiers before with the power of those dragons both Kaiba and the pharaoh possessed. No. Even before that . . . Could it be she . . ." Dartz stopped in his tracks and he stopped biting his thumb. A wicked grins plasters across his face "Lady (Y/n) doesn't know how to summon the staff? Just like that pathetic pharaoh she has no recollection of her memories." He started to cackle in delight from this realization of you. Dartz still had the upper hand while you were still beneath him. His plans were still going to pull through even with you, somehow, here. "I WIN THIS TIME LADY (Y/N)!!! I WILL CLEANSE THIS WRETCHED WORLD TO REBUILD MY PARADISE AND I AM GOING TO BRING YOU TO WITNESS IT!!!" Dartz shouts in victory for his dream was finally going to happen. All these years he worked effortlessly to find people to do his dirty work, taking thousands upon thousands of souls, the financial effort, and now you. The final piece he needed to make this glorious moment of the world being restarted with him and you by his side.

Dartz turns from the temple and starts to make his way out "First things first, I must prepare things for her arrival." He cooed as he walked out of the temple to make his preparations.

»»——♡——««

The pharaoh used the Reduction Barrier spell card to save 10 life points before Rafael used Guardian Dreadscythe to finish him off. You could have sworn your heart almost stopped that moment when he almost lost his soul. Barely still in the duel. The spell card that he lost was reduced to 10% aka 10 life points. Meaning he was still in the duel. "I will fight till the last point! This duel is still on Rafael!" Yami shouts. Still trying to get through to Rafael to come to his senses. He was a great duelist from what you witnessed through his game play. He cared deeply for his monsters but was brainwashed to use them in a dark sinister way. You can see Yami was trying to get through to him, even going as far as using the spell card Underworld Circle against Rafael earlier to face his darkness that is using him to make these wrong decisions. The seal of Orichalcos did something when he had used the Underworld Circle that had an immense dark fog that made you not able to see him for a while. They did