Chapter 71: Timeless

Astelle exploded into starlight sand that shot up to the dome. Shattering it as the sand expanded over the world. Returning the things to normal in the sky and the people starting to reawaken.

You and Selene place your staff's tips on top of one another. Raising them to the sky. They beamed colors of gold and lavender outward to everything around them. Restoring the buildings and things as they once were before they were destroyed in the battle.

»»——♡——««

'Please work, please work, please work, please work.' Selene kept thinking as she placed her staff over Yuma's open chest. Yami and you were on each side of her. Jaden had his Duel Academy jacket underneath the dead young duelist boy. All on the roof of a nearby building.

Cough cough. You all were startled by the sudden rise from Yuma when he sat up with his hand over his revealing chest. "HOLY SHIT ON A KURIBOH – – DID I JUST FUCKING DIE?!" Yuma gasped in between his outburst. "No, no. Dearest. Let him have this one." Yami says over to you as he knew you were gonna get after the resurrected kid for his use of foul language.

Yuma glanced over at you and Selene. He rubbed his eyes and stared hard at the two of you again. "WHY ARE YOU TWO ANGELS?! WAIT — DON'T TELL ME WE LOST?! AND YOU GUYS DIED TOO?!" He expressed with his hands pointing at the other older duelists. "Yeah. We are stuck making sand castles for the rest of our days." Jaden says with a solemn expression across his face. Yugi's spirit lightly chuckles while Astral shakes his head at Jaden messing with the poor revived Yuma. "You're not dead. Princess Selene just used her time magic on you. Reversing your body before your heart was snatched out of you." Yusei informs with a soft chortle. Yuma's huge sigh of relief brought smiles to your and Yami's face.

"So what's with . . . This?" Yuma gestures to your daughters and your forms. "Did I miss an epic power up mome —" Yuma grunts when Selene drops her staff to tackle him in a tight hug. Dropping her new staff, Yami luckily caught it (luckily). "I . . . Was . . . So . . . Scared . . . I thought . . . I thought we lost you . . ." She cries out with tears of joy pouring down her face. You joined her - Yami caught your staff too like the skilled handyman he is - as you hugged the boy you considered your brother. Crying in sync with Selene. 'Yup. They're definitely mother and daughter alright.' The older men thought as they witnessed the heartfelt reunion of the three of you.

Yuma even started crying with you two girls. He died. Truth be told, you and Selene died practically multiple times compared to Yuma and Yami but . . . Dying is . . . Scary . . . It is sudden and quick. All within mere seconds. Everything feels slow for the first time and the deception of life is going by too quickly to comprehend its happening . . . Whether as an adult . . . Whether as a kid . . . It's terrifying.

Selene and you returned to your normal forms when parting from the hug to wipe your faces from crying. "Do not tell Kari about this!" You can only imagine the lecture she would drill into the kid. He would probably be banned from ever dueling again. Probably even be forced to become homeschooled. So he'll never leave the house ever again. It was a very Kari thing for her to enact. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." Jaden chimed in with a smile. The three of you and Yusei turn to Jaden, "What's Vegas?" all of you except Yami/Yugi ask. "Oh," Jaden scratched the back of his head. "It's, well, it's a place and -- ya know what. Don't worry about it." He waves his hand dismissing his last comment. 'Forgot it probably doesn't exist in their timelines.' Yugi and Jaden thought while Yami was as clueless as the others about the phrase.