Chapter 26: Knights & The Night

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Kari ended up paying for all these expensive items for you which you were worried about but grateful nonetheless of having these things to wear. It bothered you that they were going through extreme lengths for just a single night. However, they were kind enough to spoil you for just being awake and back which made you appreciate them for going through such lengths for these things and the items themselves more. Anna had to let you all go once you left the mall because she had to go but planned to call later to see everyone in their dresses. You were sitting in the car with the girls who were gushing over tonight's events that were coming up soon. Jane was in your lap and you were petting her gently while smiling to yourself. 'Hearing the girls brings me joy. I can't wait to see the girls in their cute dresses. Maybe I can give Yuma a little dance lesson to make sure he doesn't step on poor Tori's feet.' You giggle at the thought, looking out the car window. Watching the street lights slowly turn themselves on automatically because the sun was starting to set further over the hill and night was starting to rise upon them. The ball was drawing near but you were glad that the shopping did not take up too much time. There would still be enough time to change for the event.

"I never asked you girls, do you have any dates for this event? Hm?" You turned your attention from the car window to look at the rearview mirror and looked at the girls in the back. Kari stopped at a red light but gazed also at the rearview mirror to listen in. "I do not have a date. My brother is accompanying me but maybe I will ask Bronk for a dance." Rio put her index finger on her chin as she thought about this idea. Cathy flinched from the question, hanging her head down low, a dark cloud of negativity loomed over her head."I have been trying to ask Caswell this entire week but I keep chickening out. Missing opportunities and major misunderstandings." Cathy groaned as she covered her face from hating herself. Thinking back about the many, many, many tries of trying to ask Caswell with fail after fail just haunted her. Memories she wished she could permanently suppress from her mind. Rio pats Cathy's head that she slowly started to rise up and give 'thank you' glance to Rio who smiled effortly sweely to Cathy. "Oh don't fret Cathy. That boy is more scared than you. He will whole heartily accept being your date." Kari laughs a bit while trying to comfort her with her reassuring words. The cat loving girl smiled over to Kari who smiled back.

You turn to Kari "Do you have a date yourself Kari? There is that guy from the office. His name was Hiro wasn't it?" Kari whipped her head to you which became bright red then she looked away from you. Pouting a bit "Well for your information he did ask me and I did accept it. This will be considered a date so . . ." You gasped dramatically and smacked Kari's arm "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?" you exclaimed with a big smug smile on your face. Kari groaned in pain when you whacked her arm. It was with so much force you didn't mean to put into it. You were too shocked and happy that you accidentally put much more force into the hit than you mean to. Kari laughed the pain off and started to drive again because the light turned green. "Well we kinda started talking and he snuck it into the conversation. It just happened last week and I didn't get a chance to actually find the right moment to tell you (Y/n)." she turned her blinker on to make a turn, turning it off once she made the complete turn. You pout "I still would have liked to have known." You huffed which made the girls in the back laugh from you being butt hurt from not being told this news. Even Jane was laughing at you which made you sulk a little in your car's seat a bit. You stopped pouting and smiled to yourself. Looking out the window again when the sun finally set itself out of sight. "I want you girls to have fun. Dance who you want to dance with, even if with each other. Make tonight a precious memory. It's a perfect night, too perfect honestly, to let this moment pass by. Don't let this night slip by you." Kari glanced over to you and saw your reflection in the car window. It looked calm and seemed like you were happy but the longing gaze you had in your eyes spoke differently. They were wandering to a distant place. It was an expression on your face that kept recurring on you for these past few hours.