Chapter 49: Girl Talk

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Mai was sitting on the counter while mixing eggs for the both of you while you were making the iced coffee drinks. She was going to help if she was going to be here to eat and drink. You finished the drinks and set Mai's beside her along with yours and took the bowl with the mixed eggs to head to the stove. You turned it to the proper setting before pouring the eggs into the pan. Quickly go to the sink to rinse the bowl before leaving it in the sink to wash sometime later. Maybe today or tomorrow. You went back to the stove quickly with a spatula to start scrambling the eggs to be your scrambled eggs while they were slowly cooking. Mai took a sip of her iced coffee, swallowed the drink, and exhaled softly in delight. Turning to you with the glass in her hand. You had your back turned because you were focused on making the eggs and trying not to burn them. "I am pretty sure you know what happened with me being one of Dartz's lackeys . . ." She paused to look at you for your reaction but you didn't show any sign of shock or anger. Mai continued, "I didn't take you leaving when I was under the evil power from that Marik guy . . . I mean . . . Imagine waking up wanting to see your friend who saved you only to find out they were no longer here because they saved you . . . I . . ." She looked down at her iced coffee, seeing her reflection of her sad face in the drink. "I was in a terrible place . . . I felt responsible for you dueling that creep and I felt even worse because you were from the future and you depended on me but I wasn't there for when you needed me the most . . . I was stupidly asleep for my failure . . . I left after the Battle City tournament with your bike, it's in the garage right now where Roland told me to leave it, and I was entering small tournaments after small tournaments. I won most but even though people didn't know my name . . . I rather that they didn't remember my name when they should be remembering yours (Y/n) . . ." You point to the toaster for her to start heating up the bread. Mai set her drink down beside her to hop off the counter to do that. She dragged down the handle of the 4 bread slice slot toaster. Letting it warm up 4 pieces of toast, 2 for you and 2 for her. You turned off the stove with the well scrambled eggs. You left to grab 2 plates for the two of you.

You set the plates on the counter, go grab the pan with the spatula and start to scoop some of the eggs on both of the plates. Making sure to be able to have an equal even amount. Mai went to the fridge "Um, jelly or butter for your toast?" She asked, looking at both options. You hummed in thought then answered "Butter." Mai grabbed both because she wanted jelly. All 4 sets of toasted toast pop up from the toaster just in time. You grabbed the utensils for the two of you, putting both forks on your plates. Handing her a butter knife to jelly her toast while you butter your toast. Mai was jellying her toast slowly "It was when the nightmares started . . . I kept dreaming repeatedly of that god awful place Marik put me in . . . I was scared to sleep but I slept and everytime I woke up I hoped you were going to be there to chase those monsters away with your awesome dagger." She smiled for a moment only to lose it when she continued on "In the end you weren't there . . . I was alone with my guilt and grief . . . I just knew if I went to the others for comfort that it wouldn't be the same . . . It wouldn't make me feel better no matter how much they comforted me . . . It would have made me feel pathetic instead of any sort of better . . . I just wanted you to be back and be the one to do the comforting . . ." Mai finished jellying up her toast and you also were finished with buttering your toast. She took the utensils to rinse in the sink and put it with the pan she also rinsed. Including the spatula. Dishes piled up to be washed later. You were sitting in the living room with both plates. Mai took the iced coffee with her over to the living room since your hands were full with the simple breakfast for you while lunch for Mai. You sat on the couch and set Mai's plate on the coffee table. Mai sat beside you with her legs crossed as she faced you on the couch with her plate in her lap. You were in the same position but you were eating and listening.

Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Yami Yugi × Reader) (Hiatus)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें