Chapter 52: The Promised Date

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You parked in the theater parking lot and unlocked the car doors. Yami quickly got out which confused you from him getting out almost like his life depended on it. That confusion went away when you saw him run quickly to your side of the door. It was the way he looked trying to be a gentleman that made you laugh with a smile. 'He is adorable without trying.' You thought to yourself as you unbuckle your seatbelt to then get out of the car. You locked the car up once you took his hand to step out of the car. Yami intertwined your hands, tugged you a little closer, and pecked your cheek with a smile on his lips. You smile happily from his loving gesture.

The two of you walked from the parking lot to the theater. You were standing in front of the place to check the movies that were released exclusively for theaters. The movies that were playing were mostly ones you have seen before because these were considered old films in the future. You enjoyed these movies nonetheless. You were not going to ruin the night by saying you knew what the movies here were about because you have seen them before. All that mattered was watching them with Yami, that's what you were excited for. That's all that mattered to you. You leaned your head on Yami's shoulder "What do you feel like watching?" You asked Yami. He was staring at the movies with curiosity "It is my first time watching a movie in a theater so I am up for anything. Joey told me there are different genres of films to see. He also told me to also choose a movie that contains the horror genre." Yami was trying to see which movie title screamed horror movie on the lists of movies being shown tonight. You snort "Let me guess, to have me hold you from being scared?" You joke but Yami looked down at you "That is exactly what Joey said." Yami was more surprised you knew that. You lift your head off his shoulder with a light laugh "I can handle horror, can you?" You teased Yami. He scoffs "I have dealt with my fair share of the supernatural in duels. I can handle a horror film." Yami confidently boasted. He took his eyes off you to the movies "How about The Amityville Horror?" (A/N: 2005 remake of The Amityville Horror.I am saying it is old because the time in Yugioh Duel Monsters and Yugioh ZEXAL time is different so it will be considered old.) Yami pointed to the movie title with his free hand "Or" His finger pointed to another movie title "Corpse Bride? That sounds scary too." Yami suggests.

"Well first of all, Corpse Bride is a cute romance and comedy slow-motion animation film that is amazingly captured. Not really a horror film despite the title and the dark camera lighting. The Amityville Horror is more of a thriller than horror." You were defending Corpse Bride because the film was one of your favorite films. Not a number one film but one you would watch many times. Yami raised a brow "You have seen these before haven't you?" Yami figured you did by the way you talked passionately of the two films he suggested. You frown and look to the side "I . . ." You sigh "I do . . ." You looked back at him "I didn't want to say anything because I don't want me knowing the films ruin the experience for you or make you feel bad because of it. I don't want to change the date plan either. I want to watch the movie with you despite knowing them. It will still be fun, together." You decided to be honest. You want to enjoy watching it with him. You felt his thumb gently rub the back of your hand he was still holding. Yami gently tugged you with him to the ticket stand "2 tickets to see Corpse Bride, please." Yami let go of your hand to pay for the tickets with his wallet he had in his pocket. Taking the tickets and your hand to go inside the theater with you. "I thought you were going to pick the other movie?" Yami smiles when you were surprised by the movie choice he chose. "You made the movie sound interesting from the way you spoke about it. It made me want to choose it." Yami admits his reason for choosing Corpse Bride. His reason made you smile because you at least had something to talk to him about during dinner after the movie.