Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

It was so hard to write this while listening to "Might+U" from MHA Hero Rising Movie ;-;

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You ran back inside with the boys and Jane until you were in a soul tablet room. "Uh, guys, and girls, some of these souls are gone." Joey's words made everyone look around. Indeed, true to his word, the souls that were there were gone. Just stone tablets. You walked over to the snake heads of the temple where you first saw this place in your dream walk with Knight Timaeus. Where you first met him and Dartz. Dartz kept you from seeing something when you went to this place in your dream walk. When you approached the snake heads you saw the 3 Egyptian God Cards. You grabbed the cards and went back to Yugi "Here. Believe these are yours." Yugi looked at the cards in your hands and he held out Jane's card to you "and this card belongs to you." Yugi and you lightly laugh at each other's little exchange. Both of you took your cards back from one another. Yugi took out two cards "Here. You both will be needing these." Yugi handed back Critias and Hermos cards back to Kaiba and Joey.

"We got to go through this portal. It's what he used to take (Y/n) so it's obvious we have to go through here that will lead to wherever he is to confront him." Kaiba points to the portal that was still there even after they left. It was where Dartz last stood from Yami's and Kaiba's duel. "Oh sure Kaiba, let's go into the creepy portal that is screaming major red flags to not go in." Joey gestured his hand to the portal with a little annoyed face at Kaiba for calling the shots. Kaiba squint glares at Joey "You know I found you more tolerable when you were asleep. You never opened your dumb mouth." Jane came in between Joey and Kaiba. Preventing Joey from stepping up to Kaiba to clobber him with his fist that was balled up and ready to go to punch Kaiba's pretty rich boy face. 'They really are like Knight Critias and Knight Hermos.' Jane sighs in her head, trying to fend Kaiba and Joey off from each other. Trying to not have them kill each other before they got the chance to settle scores with Dartz. "The pharaoh agrees with Kaiba. He says this is where we went through to fight Dartz off before in your memories Jane. Right?" Yugi stepped up to help Jane by pushing Joey back, gently, to make him stop. Joey blinks "The what and the who now?" Joey was getting more and more confused the more he was left out of the loop. Yugi and Joey both had their eyes on Jane.

Jane takes a deep breath before she has to explain the entire thing about everything. Joey was a little angry though he saw that Yugi's spirit, the pharaoh, didn't take over and you were not angry. Joey didn't hold anything against Jane if the two who were most affected from this have forgiven her. Mostly because that was all that mattered to him. As long as you and Yami were fine with Jane then he will be too. Joey will still have Jane as his friend. Yugi was feeling the same way, especially for Yami. "Oooooooh! So you're the 4th guardian Dark Magician Girl mentioned to Yug'. She also mentioned about that Staff of Light too. Saying (Y/n) needed to summon it or something like that to defeat Dartz. Isn't that right Yug?" Joey had a light bulb moment. Looking down at Yugi, he nodded. Yugi was in deep thoughts. His mind was being filled with memories of the past few hours and days he wasn't with Yami. Mostly of what Yami had gone through those days which Yami was letting him see. Yugi was still trying to process some of it himself. So many crazy things happened when he was gone.

Jane looked at you when she mentioned the staff "We don't know if things will be the same like it was in the past with us here now my lady. During the duel against Dartz this time, there was a brief change in the duels events unlike how it was in the past before. It was because I partook in that duel with the pharaoh. Right now we are both here and things might change once we step through. We need to be cautious, my lady." You took out your dagger from the back of your dress to hold in your hand. Grasping the hilt tightly "Tell us how you need to summon it and how you know before we go in, my lady." Jane asked which made your hold the dagger in both of your hands. You looked at with sadness behind your gaze "I saw it in a memory of my past I saw after I destroyed the fake mirror version of me." You lift your gaze over to Yugi and point your dagger to the millennium puzzle "I was never meant to summon it myself. The Staff of Light is needed to be summoned by both Ya - I mean - Yugi and me. Our millennium items were meant to be used together and combining our items' strength we will be able to summon the staff. The night I sealed Dartz away, the pharaoh's father – Pharaoh Aknamkanon, sent me the last of his power in his sick state to allow me to seal him away. He was sick and weak so I was only able to seal Dartz with the power he lent . . . It's how I knew he . . ." You paused and turned to Jane. You expected her to be shocked or a little mad for this news.