Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

I will try later in this series to put a more detailed duel for (Y/n)/You but I write the anime duels better because I am still trying to figure out the gameplay myself. I watch the anime (Will rely on manga further into the story), I don't play the game. I am trying my best so forgive me!

Switched some things around to flow with my story, you have been warned~

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The helicopter landed on the ground but it did not stop the turning in your stomach. It only grew when you stepped out of the chopper with the assistance of 'Yugi' who held out his hand for you to take. Your hands clasping each other felt completely natural to you. Almost like you have done this many times with him which now made it weird but it was washed over with the gentle caress of his thumb on your hand that seemed to just wipe away all your nerves.

You didn't even notice he hadn't let go of your hand even when you were already off the chopper and on solid ground. Your heart didn't have the capacity to tell him to let go of it, it felt fearful. Afraid for him to let go as if he will never return to hold your hand with his warm touch. Jane was walking on your side but you noticed she looked disgusted at 'Yugi' for holding your hand, she flinched when you saw her and she turned away. 'Why did Jane look at him like that?' You thought to yourself while the group and you approached Joey.

"Joey?" 'Yugi' asked with a hint of hesitation in his voice. This 'Joey' snickered while the front of his bangs shadowed his eyes. "Joey isn't home right now, he is asleep but he might never wake up if you don't do as I say." His voice was overlapped with a much darker and inhumane tone. It was someone talking through Joey but the others voice could not be recognized or be even called a human's voice. It was eerie, creepy, and the thought of it being a human made it even frightening. It made one thing clear enough to everyone.

This was not Joey.

It was not the Joey Wheeler you met a week ago who seemed carefree and loving and deeply cared for his little sister Serenity. He honestly looked like shit when he met everyone's eyes. His bronze eyes looked vacant and lifeless. It was heartbreaking for 'Yugi' who stood there at first in shock but it soon turned to anger. Narrowing his eyes at 'Joey', "Marik" He hissed through his gritting teeth that tried to conceal his rage he had coursing through his veins.

Earning a little tightness to your hand from his, it was not a hard squeeze. It was a tender one with such delicate care for not trying to break or hurt your hand. Holding your hand was almost his way of holding himself back or else he would do something severely rash which was not the time to do such things with a person's mentality on the line.

"Ding ding ding! You are quick with that brain of yours." 'Joey' taunted 'Yugi' with a grin "Now I believe it also knows it's pointless to argue and follow my rules. Unless you don't ever want to see your friends again." 'Joey' showed off his duel disk to you all "We are going to duel, you and me. I want your millennium puzzle and Egyptian God card that you possess. It is only a fair trade considering the stakes at hand; two of those from you for two of your friends." 'Joey' presented his proposal to 'Yugi' and it answered one question while at it.