Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You groan while waking up from your slumber with your alarm blaring your eardrums. "Shut up!" You threw a pillow at the alarm clock. Silencing the alarm after it crashed on the floor, off from your night stand. You flopped yourself around to snuggle into your Dark Magician plushie that Yami won for you from your date last week. 'I feel more crappy when I sleep alone than that night I slept with Yami. I wish we can sleep together all the time, sex or no sex. I just want him to hold me and never let me go from his side.' You sweetly think about Yami sleeping beside you. A longing and nostalgic feeling you yearned for. Wanting him to wrap his arms around you to embrace you with his warmth. You could imagine him pulling you closer into his chest just because he didn't want you to leave the bed first until he was ready to wake up. Yami was childish that way and you adored it. Something only seen and done between the two of you.

You hissed through your teeth as you felt a sharp sting on your cheek. When you touched it, nothing was on your cheek. Not a scratch. Yet you felt this odd pain for some reason. 'Weird' You tiredly thought to yourself. You pulled your stuff duel monster close to you and buried your face in the plushie. 'Probably nothing and I just slept wrong.' You dismissed the feeling on your cheek and tried to go back to sleep. Wondering why you had an alarm set in the first place.

20 minutes passed.

You were just about to fall back asleep when you shot your eyes open "THE DUEL TOURNAMENT!!!" You sat up with the Dark Magician plushie pushed to the side as you yeeted yourself out of your bed. Bolting to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Running out from the bathroom to go to your closest to choose the outfit for this tournament. You planned to have it ready yesterday but you were up late last night with Mokuba on deciding a few themes for Kaiba Land that you crashed once you came to your room. Completely forgetting to set aside an outfit. After rummaging through the closet, you went with a simple low butterfly sleeved pastel pink blouse with a heart-shaped keyhole neckline. You tucked the rest of the blouse in your high waisted black shorts that were with a golden clasp to hold it together. You were deciding on what to do with your hair. You brushed your hair at your make up dresser while thinking over what style you wanted to have your hair for this tournament. "Hm . . . Oh! I know." You separate your hair into two sections. Tying them into low pigtails. You looked at yourself in the mirror and you couldn't help but giggle. You felt like a kid with your pigtails. A style you haven't done in a long time. You usually had your hair in a lazy bun or in a ponytail because you were always in a rush for work back in the future. You took time with your appearance now in the past for some reason. This wasn't something you didn't like but just noticed more of your new pattern of this time period.

"I feel like I've done this before too when I used to rule as Queen Lady (Y/n)." You wondered out loud, recalling the minor memories of yourself you saw from Jane's memories of the past. You were similar then too, taking more care of your appearance when you fell in love with Yami during that time. That made you smile. Knowing that you were starting to fall back to old habits. It didn't mean you were losing the self you were right now but it meant that you were starting to remember some things of your past life. Though, it was more of a feeling than a memory. Either way it was progress on something. (For pixie haired folks, you will have a star shaped golden pin on the left side of your hair). You let your low pigtails rest on your shoulders. All that was left to do was to pick out shoes and some jewelry from your jewelry box "Fighting evil by moonlight . . . Winning love by daylight . . . Never running from a real fight . . . She is the one named hmm hmm hmm." You were singing and humming the opening of an anime when you stopped once you found the earrings you wanted to wear. They were simple golden star shaped stud earrings. You got up to go to your closet which was a walk-in closet where it had its own shoe section. You picked out a matching pastel pink high top converse to wear. There were pastel pink suede heeled boots you could have worn but you had to go against it because you were going to be walking and you didn't want to slow Yugi and Yami down with your feet hurting from walking all day. Even though they were super cute, you had to decide against it. Comfort over cuteness unfortunately.