Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Yuma, I will leave the explaining up to you. Jaden and I will be over here trying to create a plan to evacuate everyone in the tournament. Along with trying to figure out the millennium item problem." Yusei excused Jaden and himself to leave from the two youngsters. Jaden wanted to protest in order to hang out with the legendary duelist Yugi Muto. Along with his awesome ancient pharaoh ghost partner Yami but Yusei dragged him by the back of his collar for him to follow him to a secluded part of the roof.

When Yugi had patted Selene's head — Something was triggered. A heavy trigger. He made himself look like he sat down normally when in actuality he barely was able to sit down without falling. All their voices were becoming mere echoes and inaudible for him. Things were changing around them. It was like that single exchange of touch triggered something. Yugi glanced at Yami and saw he was also experiencing the same thing. They both were staring off at a certain spot in the roof. Remaining in an intense daze. 'What is this?' Yugi wondered while his surroundings became different.

Yuma lightly chuckles when he watches Jaden get dragged away by Yusei. Selene tugged on Yuma's jacket, he looked down at her a bit puzzled. "Something is not right with papa and uncle Yugi." Selene whispers to him. Yuma was confused at first until he took a good look at both the legendary spirit and duelist. They were both in a heavy daze. Staring off into space. "You're right. Something's off." Yuma slowly approached Yugi and Yami with Selene clinging closely beside him. He waved in front of their faces. They were unphased. They gave no reaction. The good thing was that they were still breathing so they were still alive. "Papa! Uncle Yugi!" Selene called out to them. Still no response.

Yugi was starting to see things from a short point of view 'What the —' Yugi mentally gasps. Finally seeing Paradox for himself just the way you described him to look like. Seeing his half white and black mask as clear as day. 'This is my daughter's point of view! Of everything!' Yami finally understood what he and his partner were witnessing. This was only possible because Yugi touched Selene by patting her head. Triggering this vision connection. Similar to how you are able to communicate with the millennium puzzles holder in dire situations – Selene was able to do something similar but not quite. She was able to show the puzzle holders things the millennium daggers owner has gone through. A unique and unaware of ability Selene seems to possess. Everything was going by fast within his mind and eyes. Watching her journey up to this point was being seen by the both of them. Even though things were happening in a flash, he was still able to hear and see everything. From the beginning where she encountered Yuma for the first time to the very moment that she arrived in their time period.

"THIS IS NO TIME TO SPACE OUT!! WAKE UP!!" Yugi snapped out of the daze when Selene was yelling at him. Only for Yugi getting hit in the face with the sheath of the millennium dagger at his forehead once he came to. "Ow!" he winced. A red mark was now on his forehead. Yuma had pulled Selene back but he stopped when they both heard Yugi react. A sigh of relief came from both of them. "You all have been through a lot on your journey." Yugi sympathetically looked at them. Seeing how much destruction Paradox has caused for this world's timelines was terrible. It was awful. He admired these travelers for fighting so hard against this Paradox guy. They were even still willing to fight after those difficult to swallow defeats. "Huh?" Yuma blinked, confused. "When Yugi touched my daughter's head, we both were able to see your entire journey." Yami simply and briefly explained what Yugi meant behind his words. Selene tightened her grip on Yuma's jacket "Then . . . You saw . . ." Selene couldn't bring herself to finish what she tried to say. She hung her head low. Avoiding her fathers gaze upon her. She knew he must have seen the conversation she had with Yuma about Yami. "I did." Yami's eyes softened along with his smile "And I am so proud of you." His words touched Selene's heart. Making her lift her head up with a surprised look on her face. Hearing those words made her want to start crying again. She made herself smile instead to fight the urge to cry out of happiness. "And I am so glad that I don't have to explain everything for a 3rd time." Yuma sighs in glee. This meant that they could use this time to set up the plan Yusei had going for them.