Chapter 40: A Nightmare

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Yami and the others ran into Dartz's lair. Leaving Mai and Joey's bodies back on the helicopter while they were going to finish this evil plot of Dartz's once and for all. Yami and Kaiba were leading this operation as they made their way inside. They stopped running once they came face to face with Dartz. He stood up from paying his respects to the little worshiping table he had for the Great Leviathan. "I have been expecting you, pharaoh." Dartz says when he turns around. Activating his creepy duel disk. Yami narrows his eyes at Dartz "Dartz." He sneered which made Dartz smile in amusement. Taking pleasure in making the pharaoh suffer. Brought him pure joy seeing the man who has cost him nothing but trouble for his plans of his world abomination plan. Yami turns to Rafael "Go find (Y/n)! We will handle Dartz!" He shouts to Rafael who nods and goes quickly on his search for you. Yami and Kaiba approach Dartz with their duel disk "You will return everyone's souls and (Y/n)! That's our deal!" Yami told him what he wanted at the end of the duel. Dartz activated his duel disk "And for the end of my deal, I will take your soul and keep (Y/n). Think it is only fair." He grins as he sees Yami clench his teeth. Getting irritated. Trying to hold down his anger for not only having taken you but also trying to keep you as his. Like some toy or pet for his disgusting pleasure.

"It's time to duel Dartz!" Yami shouts as he activates his duel disk in sync with Kaiba. "I am not with him. I just want my company back. A company that rightfully belongs to me!" Kaiba shouts to Dartz his end of the duels deal. Wanting his company back is why he was here in the first place. He didn't really care for anything else. Well, he will have a team go save you but he was going to do that behind his back once this was all over. Kaiba didn't believe in this poppycock about the world going to possibly end with Dartz's crazy fantasy of "Paradise" and that he was one of the people to help save the world from its eventual demise. The egotistical man barely even wants to believe he just came from a memory world that spouts out even more nonsense. Kaiba was just hoping the duel he witnessed in the memory was a lie and nothing he will draw will be just like that memory he saw of supposedly Jane's. Mostly to keep being in denial of it all. Not wanting to start becoming a believer of crazy magic shit now.

»»——♡——««

Rafael was going through every door in the lair while the duel was going on. He was going through dead ends. Every door of the place was leading him to empty rooms. You were not in any of the rooms. Rafael continues in pursuit to find you for the pharaoh.

After 15 minutes he could not find a single trace of you in this place. He searched high and low.

Coming with a fat load of nothing.

Rafael punched the wall "Dammit! Where the hell is she?!" He shouts out loud. He knew the pharaoh was going to be upset that he couldn't find you. Going back empty handed meant he failed. He didn't want to not go back without you. Rafael wanted to thank the pharaoh for setting his mind and soul free from Dartz with you as his thanks but he cannot do that if you were not here! There was no other choice. He was going to have to go back to the duel without you. Rafael felt defeated. Forcing himself to walk back to where the duel was taking place. He walks in and he sees that Kaiba and the pharaoh had cleaned Dartz's side of the field from his mirror soldiers that were the pharaoh's friends. Critias was on Kaiba's field that was fused with the trap card Mirror Force to be Mirror Force Dragon.