Chapter 44: The Staff of Light

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You pant softly when you were done shooting the living shit out of that god awful and annoying ass mirror. "Time to head back to the others." You put your dagger in the back of your dress. Headin out of the bedroom. Making your way around the twists and turns of these halls until you made it to the door that led out of this place. Well, not exactly out out. You open the castle doors, taking in a deep breath as you are face to face with the water barrier. "Swimming is better than staying here any longer. I am taking my chances this time. It isn't like I thought about my choices before." You were talking out loud again. There were no soldiers of Dartz's around so you were alone talking to yourself. You take your dagger out and you hold it in front of you. "Time for a swi . . . Whoa . . ." Your vision was getting hazy. You stumble to the door frame to catch your body that drastically was becoming heavy. "Dammit . . . I must have exhausted too much of myself at that bitch . . . Fuck me . . ." You were trying to fight off the heaviness in your eyes. They were trying to shut themselves. Your body was getting too heavy for you to keep standing against the door frame. You slowly descended down the door frame until you found your legs giving up on you. Making you fall on your knees. Still leaning against the frame. Dropping your dagger beside you as it was too heavy too to hold in your hands anymore. Your eyes succumbed to this wave of sleep and you drifted off into a deep slumber.

»»——♡——««

You opened your eyes and you were no longer in the same place as you were before. You were sitting in a chair in front of someone's bed. You trace your eyes over to see it was Pharaoh Aknamkanon, Yami's father. You were holding his other hand. 'His hands are so cold.' You thought as you stared down at his hand. His harsh coughs drew your attention to him. Pharaoh Aknamkanon was coughing into a cloth which was riddled with old blood stains with the fresh new ones he made from his coughing of blood. He sighs while leaving the cloth on his slowly rising and setting chest. Turning his head to you with a weak smile on his slimmer face. He was terribly ill from the very look and sound of him. "Damn this cough. It's endless!" He huffs with a small pout. Looking similar to Yami when he would pout or mope. Making you giggle from the similarities. "Pharaoh Aknamkanon –" He cut you off "Please Lady (Y/n), call me father. You are going to be my son's wife one day. You should call me that at the very least." He demands of you without making it sound like one. Though it felt like an order from him that you were conflicted about if you refused to call him that. You clear your throat "Father" You hesitantly say while watching his facial expression. He conquers a weak but bright smile upon his slim sickly and wrinkly face. The title of that obviously made his old heart happy.'This is a memory of my past life . . . I can't say anything . . . I have to just go along with it.' You thought to yourself in the mind of your past self who was in control of every action you were going to go through from this point forward.

"Um . . . Well . . . I have been thinking about that. Being Prince _____'s wife one day . . . I do not believe I am the best fit to be his wife." You took a while to say that but you were more relieved to get it off your chest after saying it. You pulled out the dagger and held it in front of you "You chose me because I could wield this item but I don't think just because I can wield this millennium item is the reason why Prince _____ and I should marry. I don't think I am best suited to help rule your kingdom either. I fight battles and keep the kingdom safe from harm. I don't think I am capable of being any help for your son when he takes over one day. I –" You pause and sigh "I am asking you to reconsider for his sake." You were pleading with the pharaoh to find someone other than you to be the future queen of Egypt.