Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!! YOU DAMN COWARD!!!" You shout after Paradox when he drives off. Leaving you to die from this collapsing building you were trying to avoid getting smashed from. 'What the hell did he mean by the world's doomed future?! I know there is a bright future! I lived through it! There's just no way there is a doomed future!' Your mind was swirling with questions. It was also swirling with major worry. All of your friends from the future were crossing your mind. Each of them smiled as their faces came and went. You never expected to hear that their future was doomed.

You didn't want to believe there was no future for them!

Not after all the fighting and sacrificing you had done for the bright future for everyone to have from defeating Dartz!

You held your hand out to manifest your already glowing dagger into your hand 'I have to stop Paradox from reaching that tournament!' Making a shield around both your duel runner and yourself from the crumbling building that came crashing down against your shield. You blink and you softly gasp being in front of Yugi in what seems to be the courtyard of the tournament. Yugi stared at you for a while, staring at you hard as he was thinking something over. "(Y/n)?" Yugi hesitantly asked you because he wasn't entirely sure it was you. His facial expression went from puzzled to being at ease when he noticed your millennium dagger. He didn't recognize you at first because of the helmet you wore that didn't show your face except your (e/c) eyes. He hasn't seen you in a long time with your duel runner either so he didn't get that it was you right off the bat. You smiled brightly behind your helmet "Right! Of course! The link connection with the millennium dagger! I almost forgot we can talk like this. Well, only in dire situations." You were thinking out loud, remembering the vision you had back when you were trying to get out of Atlantis. The vision where you were shown which was within another vision of how you were able to summon the staff of light. You recalled Yami's father telling you about the link connection between these millennium items that only happen when one of you is in great danger. You knew it wasn't you this time, it was Yugi and everyone else he was with that were in danger. "Whoa, I can see you but I know you're not here. This is trippy." Yugi looked around a bit as he muttered this to himself.

"Did you get my message from Roland?" You asked him, telepathically.

"Well, you see, um," Yugi scratched the back of his head 'I forgot to charge my phone last night and well, I think you can figure the rest out yourself.

"Don't worry. I left mine in my room by accident which was really bad timing for me because of the current situation that's going on." You sigh and we're kind of glad you weren't the only one who was forgetful in all of this. It did explain why Yugi was in the duel tournament area other than the area of somewhere safe.

You cleared your throat, making yourself get back on topic. "What's done is done. What you need to do right now Yugi is get everyone in that tournament out of there. The enemy, the bad traveler, is here. Except he isn't from a foreign land, he is from another time. Not my future but years before it. I only know that because I saw the model of his duel runner he also happens to own. His name is Paradox." You grunt with a little strain from the constant debris falling against your shield. Yugi was trying to process the fact that the enemy is here and he is from a future time period. "I was going to meet up with you but Paradox dueled Seto while I was on my way out, he took his Blue-Eyes with this weird blabk card mechanism. It sucked his dragon from the field into the card that made it no longer blank but had Seto's dragon in his possession. I don't even know how that was even possible." You lift your vizor up to look at Yugi "Paradox has Joey's Red-Eyes." You watch Yugi's face go from listening to worry with the news you had to break to him. Yugi connected two and two together, Yugi held the chain of his millennium puzzle "If he went after Joey . . . Tea and Tristan . . ." Yugi gripped the chain. Thinking the worst has happened to them since they were with Joey. Yugi softly gasps seeing that you were fading away on his end of this link connection mental conversation. Yugi was also starting to fade on your end. The connection was starting to wither because both items sense neither item holders were in imminent danger at this time. For now at least.