Chapter 12: The Lucky

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

(F/f) = Favorite Flavor

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The fake Marik was in and out of consciousness and was close to getting up but he fell back down, too weak to get back on his feet.

Everyone was yelling, begging, screaming for Joey to wake up since he still had a chance to win this duel if he just woke up. 'Please get up Joey . . .' You prayed silently in your thoughts and you subconsciously grabbed Yami's hand. Remaining focus on Joey as you were anxious for him to wake up. Yami was surprised but he interlaced his hands with yours, both of you gave a light squeeze to each other's hands. Both hoping for Joey to wake up.

Jane looked up at your hands holding one another then back at Joey, her ears perked up "He's awake!" Jane exclaimed since her hearing was more advanced than a normal human being given she is a cat. Sure enough, Joey was slowly coming to and wobbly stood up and was a little confused. The announcer proclaimed Joey the winner.

"I won?"

"Yes you did, sleeping beauty!" Tristan yelled out in happiness as he jumped into Joey's arms and made Joey almost fall back. Serenity joined in on the hug as she was crying out of pure joy that he won and relief that he was okay. The tension in the air died down and everyone was in so much relief of Joey being alright. You and Yami let each other's hands when you both saw he was up and kicking.

"Don't scare us like that you big idiot!" Mai yelled at Joey with a pouty face, trying to hide the fact she was worried about him.

"Awe, Were you worried about me~" Joey teased.

Mai's cheeks grew a little red "Ha! That lightning must have done something to that small brain of yours because I was not worried for you at all. You would die a dumber death than by lightning." Mai huffed and turned her head away.

Joey made a fist "You damn little diva!" Joey growled but then he looked over to the fake Marik.

The teenager wiggled his way out of his sisters and best friends arms. Going over to him and helping him up and Tristan helped even though he was reluctant at first. "I have been told that it is proper for duelists to introduce themselves before the duel but I'll make an exception for ya case. Who are ya really man?" Joey asked the man who knew he didn't deserve this treatment but he felt like he owed it to Joey because he dueled with passion and for the right reasons while he was not.

"I am a loyal servant of . . . . my master . . . . Master Marik." He tiredly looked and pointed to Namu who was exposed with his millennium rod in his hand and holding his head in his head. Looking like he was in immense pain. "No, not you Namu." Joey was in disbelief of Namu being the one who was Marik. He came to the realization the whole meeting with him in the streets was just all a plan of his. It also made him realize that Namu was not there as a hostage when they were being jumped from his servants, no where was he found. Because he was Marik. He felt like a complete idiot for not seeing the signs and falling for the act he gave to Tea and him for being an innocent person.

"I knew it." You muttered as you narrowed your eyes at the real Marik. Marik's arms pain subsided and he bursted out laughing like a crazed maniac. Turning himself all on everyone with a smirk "Damn you and her keen senses." He sneered at you. His voice was demonic, didn't sound human at all or like how he sounded like before. Jane was in front of you and Yami put you behind him but you gently moved him aside. You were perfectly capable of standing on your own. "You were the one who sucks at hiding." You boldly said with a straight face. He gripped the millenium rod in his hand, clicking his tongue when he sent his glare over to the man in Joey's arms. "You are of no use to me anymore, you pathetic failure." His eyes scan back over to the group and make eye contact with Yami.