Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter will contain a lot of blood.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The entire surrounding was rainbow colors mixed with stars in a tunnel pathway. Quickly passing by with the traveling speed and the duel runners speed. Paradox clicks his tongue, seeing the sight of you only made him know there was nothing but trouble coming his way. Paradox drew a card and summoned it on his duel disk. Without setting this up as a turbo duel. A little trill-like purr came from a cute green round creature. It had golden wings and an adorable halo above its head. "Shining Friendship?! Damn it! That's the wrong card!" Paradox growls and takes the Shining Friendship card off his field. Your eyes caught the sight of blood spatter across the card. "That's . . . Tea's card . . ." You gripped your duel runners handles.

»»——❀✿❀——««

You were in the car with Serenity and Mai in the back while Tea was sitting in the passenger seat. Mai raised a brow and turned to you "Um, you know in order to go on your date you need to drop us off and actually drive to the date." You flinched. You turn slowly to her "I-I know. It's just . . ." You turn back in your seat. Sinking slowly in the seat "Now that I am actually on my way to it I am scared! And nervous!" You squirm in your seat. You squeak when you accidentally hit the horn. Mai face palms "YOU CAN DEFEAT FORCES OF EVIL AND MONSTERS BUT WHAT SCARES YOU IS A DATE?!" You glare at Mai in the rearview mirror "CAN YOU BLAME ME!? IT'S MY FIRST DATE EVER!!" You yell back at Mai. The two of you have a glare off. Serenity found the two of you amusing and made her giggle. You huff "Don't laugh!" Your cheek puff up, pouting. "Everyone gets scared sometimes. I mean I got scared when I dueled Mai once." Tea grabbed your attention "You got to duel Mai?! When?!" You shot up from your seat with stars in your eyes. "It was back in Duelist Kingdom. Yugi was in a funk and Tea helped him out of it." Mai thought back on the duel. The mere mention of Duelist Kingdom made you remember that Mai was actually one of the finalists of that tournament. You almost forgot that she was actually a bit famous for her Harpie Lady deck. You only got to see it in action once in Battle City. That duel would have been much fun if only there weren't evil possessions involved along with the shadow realm crap that took Mai.

"Yeah and she beat me too." Mai crossed her arms with a sly smile. "HUH?!" You whipped your attention from Mai to Tea "You seriously beat Mai?!" You exclaimed. 'Well she didn't exactly win. I let her win. I had Harpie's Feather Duster spell card face down but I surrendered. Only because Yugi finally got himself back by the time she made her comeback. I just didn't have the heart to finish her off and ruin Yugi's spunk he just got back.' Mai thought to herself, seeing Tea with a cheeky grin on her face "I sure did." Tea boasted. Mai leaned back in her seat. Tea went through her bag and she took out her deck. She quickly went through it to take out the card "I beat her with this specific card, along with a few equip spells but that's beside the point." She held up the card. You cooed when you saw the card she held up "It's so adorable!" You giggled. It was a cute fairy type Duel Monster: Shining Friendship. "Here." Tea took your hand "I want you to keep it." She placed the card in your hand. "Are you sure?" You asked. Tea nods "I have another one in my deck so it's fine. I want you to have this one." She said with a sweet smile.