Chapter 33: We Need You

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

I am gonna breeze through a few episodes in this chapter to move along with the story. It will all make sense I promise!

"»»——❀✿❀——««" = Flashback breaker

This is going to be a long chapter that is unnecessary but at the same time is necessary for what you will be seeing/reading. Enjoy!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Kari and the group of teenagers were standing back on the roof of the office building you used to work in with Kari. The fireworks blossomed their colors across the night sky. Everyone was watching from below with cheers of joy while the group on top of this building were tearing up while watching the fireworks pop off their sparks. "Do you think (Y/n) will be okay?" Haruto asked Kite while looking up to his older brother. Kite smiled softly as he was watching the fireworks "She has Jane with her, I am sure she will be." He assured his little brother. Yuma looked at his older sister and he held her hand which she in return squeezed "She will be fine Kari." Kari turned to look at Yuma who gave her a toothy grin "She learned from the best, us." Kari sheepishly laughed and smiled. "You dork." She muttered and the two of them turned back to look at the fireworks that would have been better to have seen with you but they were also the best to see after sending you off to the past.

»»——♡——««

Dartz was standing in front of the wall of souls he had collected during this short time period. He stared at Yugi's soul, the soul Rafael collected instead of the pharaoh's soul he wanted when Rafael dueled against the pharaoh who used the Seal of Orichalcos. Manipulated to use because Rafael unfortunately got into the pharaoh's head. 'Damn it all. The Great Leviathan is growing impatient to awaken with enough souls. I need more souls but it would be much easier if I got his soul but this could still work out in our favor to lure him to us and finally get his soul. However . . .' He narrowed his eyes and held his chest. Underneath all those robes layers was where he bared the scar he received from the 4th guardian. The unforgettable scar he cannot get rid of even after all these years. 'No. They don't stand as a problem. They haven't been awakened yet. All of this will go according to plan. I didn't see her or Timaeus here . . . It was just me hallucinating from all the stress to have our world of paradise come true. That was all. Nothing more.' He took a deep breath. Hearing heavy footsteps come closer from behind him.

Dartz exhaled when the footsteps stopped and it was when he turned around with his hands resting on his sides. He looked down to Rafael who was bowing down to Dartz out of respect "Didn't I tell you to come back once after you brought the pharaoh's soul to me. Why are you here?" Dartz sneered at Rafael, a little angry seeing one of his subordinates failing to do their job like he sent him out to do, Rafael lifted up his head "I came to ask you something about Mai Valentine. I felt it was best to ask you face to face, Lord Dartz." Dartz raised a brow to Rafael. "What about Mai Valentine? She is one of us, seeking to revive a dead friend to our paradise. What else is there to possibly ask me about the woman?" Dartz was already starting to get annoyed. He crossed his arms across his chest while awaiting for Rafael to tell him about Mai. "Well it was regarding that friend. It is someone that even the pharaoh and his little group of friends know. I thought we could use it against him. The person was named (Y/n)." Rafael saw a look of horror rise across his master's face. Dartz approached Rafael and grabbed him by his collar and dragged him back onto his feet.