Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

Recommend listening to "Until I Found You" - Stephen Sanchez after the duel . . . For no particular reason . . .

Also recommend getting tissues.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

True Marik saw the cold glare in your new set of eyes that were yours but not yours at the same time. "We won't lose to you Marik! Prepare for your downfall!!" Your eyes never left his menacing lavender ones. Your voice overlapped with Astral's. Having your newly morphed duel disk in front of you like a shield. "I LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!!!" he yelled out to you from his side of the field.

'I like how ya leaning on others more . . . well, in a way. You are leaning on supernatural beings more buuuut it's something.' Joey thought with a smile as he believed in your next move. "Show him who's boss (Y/n)!!" Joey cheered you on. Tea started to feel less afraid for you, seeing you were confident. She noticed how you were starting to lose that confidence before those agonizing 4 minutes of your turn. Almost about to give in but you pulled yourself through with this incredible power from a friend. 'Friend's give you strength. Let them help you pull through this (Y/n).' She prayed for you in her thoughts while gently petting Jane.

"You must tap into your heart in order to summon the cards we need (Y/n) through the power of ZEXAL." Astral communicated to you telepathically which you only firmly nodded to. "We play the spell card Pot of Greed that allows us to draw two cards from our deck. However," You discard the card since you just used it to be able to draw two more cards "With the power of ZEXAL we are able to use its ability to draw the cards we need to win this duel!" A soft gasp came from Marik with a mix of terror and disbelief on his face "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! YOU CAN'T!!!" You put your monster cards in your that you used for your duel disk and raised your now free hand up into the air as a faint blue glow light started to shine from your hand. "Watch me" You told him in a cold dead tone. It even made Yami flinch. Marik who clenched his teeth and glared harder at you if that was even possible.

You placed your index and middle finger on top of your deck "We draw! GO DOUBLE SHINING DRAW!!!" You drew two cards, with this ability from ZEXAL you were supposed to summon one but since you played Pot of Greed you were able to draw two cards. You saw what you drew and they darted your eyes over to Marik "It's over for you True Marik." Marik flinched. He felt it to his bones of your words being true. He was not going to admit it or believe it himself. He was in denial. "I play one of the cards I just drew - the trap card Two Pronged Attack!" the card appeared on your field when you placed it on your duel disk. "But that card will make (Y/n) destroy 2 of her own monsters and -" Yami cut himself off with his eyes widened to soon become confident after. Duke looked over at Yami who had a smirk on his face. Catching on your game plan. "And what?" Duke asked. "It also allows (Y/n) to destroy one of Marik's own monsters on his field." Duke gasped at Yami's response to his answer.

"Yes it does Yam - I mean Yugi -" You caught yourself before accidentally saying the pharaoh's current name. "I discard both my Junk Gardna and Utopia to the graveyard along with" You point to Winged Dragon of Ra "Your damn god from the field!" Marik watched your number card and robot monster be shattered off your field and his own god card be destroyed off the field. "I play the next card I drew - The spell card Monster Reborn!!" Marik inhaled sharply when you showed him your spell card that you also placed on the field "You wouldn't dare pull off the same move as that blondie!!" Marik called your bluff and you remained unphased. Not showing any sign of any bluff. "This is for Mai," You placed down the spell card on your duel disk "I use Monster Reborn to summon back the god card Winged Dragon of Ra!!" a sphere ball appeared on your side of the field. Marik was so nervous from your move he almost forgot the god cannot be easily playable. "YOU CAN'T USE THE CARD IF YOU CAN'T DECIPHER IT!! YOU ALMOST HAD ME THERE FOR A SECOND WITH THAT FORM OF YOURS BUT EVEN WITH THAT FORM YOU STILL ARE WEAK AND POWERLESS!!!" Marik was cackling at his win. He was laughing so hard he held his stomach. Thinking he won this duel.