Chapter 5: We Meet Again

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

(F/c) = Favorite Color

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

It has been a week and today was the day of the Battle City Tournament.

Something told you to get up around 9 AM to get ready for today's duels. Wearing a maroon turtleneck sweater that was tucked into your black skirt, you had matching leggings that complimented your skirt. Putting your (e/c) hair up half up and down (A/N: For those like myself who have pixie cuts, you put a cute hair pin in your hair) as you left the bathroom after you checked if the pony tail for it was in the middle.

"Are you sure you should be using those shoes?" Jane, who was sitting on the nightstand as she motioned with her head to the white tennis shoes. You glanced over to your white tennis shoes, your only pair of shoes too, that were honestly beaten up from these past few days.

Running from the rare hunters and the wall you tore down just made your shoes dirty. It had some mud and dark markings from gods knows what. You were always a little on edge whenever you went out but Mai was kind enough to go with you to places rather than leave you alone again.

Mai claimed "Ugh I guess I can go with you to places" but although she said that, you knew she meant well. Girls gotta stick together from creeps like them. It was safer with her when you went out with her. It was also more fun.

It was harder to inform Yuma and Astral through the deck about these things as they only hoped for your safety since it seems to be getting more dangerous. It had only been a few days too for you at that time. So far not much has happened but it didn't mean you didn't feel uneasy about moving forward.

"You're right. I cannot use those. I will have to clean them at some point. When I have time, that is." You went over to your bed to put on your (f/c) of socks, it may not have matched but no one was going to really see your feet. Jane leaped from the night stand over to your side.

You looked down at your hand as your hand with the dagger and your deck in the other. There was a much larger pouch on the other side of your hip where your duel disk from your time was and the duel gazer with it. The jump from the Rare Hunters came flooding back across your mind. You gripped the dagger "I can't leave it in my bag or here in this room." You set your deck inside your maroon belt with the deck holder. Mai was kind again to you and let you wear these black boots she got which were perfect for you to hide the millennium dagger in. You slid it in a comfortable place of your left boot.

Walking a little around a bit to test it out of the comfortability.

Then it hit you.

"Yugi!!"

You completely forgot that you were supposed to meet 'Yugi' today before the tournament!

You rummaged through your bag and took out your notepad and a pen. Writing something down on a paper, ripping it out of the bed before shoving the notepad and pen back into your bag. Grabbing your duel disk and putting it on your left hand (A/N: or right in case you are left handed) Rushing out of your hotel room to head over to Mai's.

You dropped the note for Jane, who was following you when this was all going down, to catch and used her pink nose to slip the note under her hotel room door.