Chapter 68: The Sand Woman

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. The Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

I have an announcement at the end of this short chapter.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The boys were barely able to hold on to their end with Yuma's special weapon — Number 39 Utopia. A number card that wasn't a card Paradox has ever seen or known to exist. This allowed them to regain a cunning comeback with the Dark Cosmic Wave of all their monsters and Yuma's number card.

The duel was over.

"That . . . Was AWESOME!!!" Yuma laughs in triumph. The teen boy was jumping up and down. High-fiving Astral and Yubel before he ran around the legendary duelists to high-five them all for their victory against Paradox. He was overjoyed and still processing how he dueled alongside these 3 legends and won a duel with them!! It was something none of his Heartland City friends or family were going to believe. Yusei chuckled at the young duelist gushing over their victory. Yami glanced over at Selene who lowered her shield and had a relieved smile on her young face.

Yubel glanced over at Jaden. Jaden seemed to have his attention elsewhere. Looking up. "Hey! What gives!?" Jaden exclaimed with his hands on his hips. "We won the duel! Why isn't this jello shield disappearing!?" He frowned. Acting a little petty. He was not anticipating this as to how their victory was going to look for them. This duel academy graduate was expecting the whole —— Saving the world shebang. With clear skies and everyone being serene once again. There was none of that happening here.

What was happening was the Malefic World field spell was still up and its purple domain was over them.

This raised many alarms for the group over their fair victory. A victory that seems to just be scraping the surface of what was going on here. Yami heard a shuffle and he shifted his attention to Paradox. He was crawling his way towards Selene "I was supposed to win . . ." He gritted his teeth. His eyes had this unhinged look in them. Each time he dragged himself closer, the fury he felt was shown growing as well as expressing across his face. "SHE PROMISED ME THAT I WOULD WIN!!!" He yelled out in hysteria. He crawled faster toward Selene and your unconscious body. Yami ran over to Selene out of instinct. He made it past the shield to Selene's side when Paradox suddenly froze in place. His hand reached out to the shield. Straining for air with his mouth agape. A small breeze started to swoop through the courtyard. "I never promised you anything." A woman's voice jest's within the wind. Their voices made Yami pull Selene close to him. The two of them witness Paradox's eyes become bloodshot. Tears of gold and gold liquid started to come out of his mouth. Dripping onto the floor. His muffled screams were struggling to get out. Suffering in silence as his skin became this dark red color. His eyes . . . were consumed by black ink. Becoming pitch black.

Paradox sat back on his knees and clawed his hand through his chest. Yami forced Selene to look away, forcing her to turn her head to not look. Yusei had his hands covering Yuma's eyes from this horrific scene. Paradox's body motions were weak and limping almost. He groaned as he pulled out his heart. Crushing it in his hands.