Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Astral was within the key necklace Yuma always wears. In his Astral world that wasn't completely fixed or remembered by Astral himself. He was here only to think with Yami's deck. Thinking of a way to counter some counter attacks from opponents in their upcoming duel. "Hmm . . . For the next duel Yuma should-" he was cut off when he heard a faint voice echo from the far distance. He stopped what he was doing to see if he was just hearing things. "Stop it!" There it was. The faint voice that cried for help. A little girl's voice. Astral left the pendant to be in Yuma's room. The moon shone through the circle window of the dark attic Yuma prefers to sleep in. Astral's young friend Yuma was tossing and turning in his rope hammock he slept in. Astral saw no one in the attic, he checked down in Yami's actual bedroom and saw no one in his room. He floated through his bedroom door to do a quick perimeter check.

Nothing.

No sight of a boy at all being seen around this Tsukumo household.

The alien spirit friend returned to be by Yuma's side. He sat with his legs crossed in the air to think again. 'I am probably just overwhelmed for our next duel that I am starting to hear things.' He thought to himself with a slight shrug to dismiss this boy's voice as nothing more than the human custom of him "tripping". Astral sighs as he looks over to Yuma who was sound asleep with his mouth open, drooling, and snoring up a storm. His blanket was half on him and half hanging off the hammock. Astral was just about to go back to the Astral World when the voice came back "LET GO OF ME!!!" The voice of the girl's scream made Astral flinch. Yuma yelped awake with him twirling in his hammock before falling out of it. "Ouch." Yuma groaned. He grunts getting himself back on his feet with his tired eyes trying to adjust to the sight. Yuma looked at Astral when he rubbed his right eye "Did you hear a girl screaming?" He yawned when he asked him. Standing in his pajamas. "I heard it too. Only at first from within the key. Now out here." He told him his experience with the voice.

Yuma's eyes finally adjusted to being awake. He smacks his cheeks a bit to wake himself fully. He went down to his bedroom's bathroom to brush his teeth. "I thought we were going to investigate." Astral roamed above Yuma. Yuma was quickly brushing his teeth. He mouth washes then combed his hair quickly. Scrambling out of his clothes to his usual outfit. "We are. Just have a gut feeling we are going to need to change for this." He told Astral when he went to grab his duel belt to strap around his waist and tucks in his duel disk in his belt's pouch. Astral followed Yuma out of his bedroom and headed downstairs of his quiet house. It was around 3 AM after all. Bewitching hour. Kari was passed out on the couch with her holograms of her latest case still up. A touch pen in her hand with her tech note pad dangling in her other hand. "Quit squirming you brat!" The voice was not the kid but another man's voice. A much more venomous tone behind it. Sounded like it belonged to the very person this girl sounds like she is trying to get away from. "It came from outside." Astral stated as he was by the front door. Yuma went to Kari to grab her note pad to make a new note. Writing in big letters: "Had to go out to investigate something! I will be back! I promise! - Your dumb little brother." and he set it gently down on the living room's coffee table before he left with Astral out of the house. Locking up quietly.