Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. The Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Yuma set down a face down and he had his number card Utopia out in play but he didn't mention it being a number card. Keeping that to himself as a secret weapon. "It's your turn, pharaoh." Yuma glanced over at Yami since Yami was the last one of the four to make their move. There were the following monsters in play: Neos Knight which was a fusion of Jaden's Elemental hero Neos and Yusei's Junk Gardna synchro monster, and a few face downs from Yusei and Jaden. Paradox had a malefic Stardust Dragon which was done by the Malefic World field spell. The villain used Malefic Parallel Gear and Stardust Dragon to synchro summon his Malefic Paradox Dragon and because he was able to synchro summon that dragon it was able to activate its special ability. Allowing Malefic Stardust Dragon back onto the field. Even after both Jaden's and Yuma's attacks, those two monsters didn't leave the field. They just came right back. To add more tension, Paradox had ended his turn with 2 face down cards.

"It's my move now Paradox!" Yami drew a card for his draw phase. Paradox rolled his eyes "You are out of your league and time here King Of Games." He grins "But go on ahead and do your worst." He taunts Yami. Selene watches from within the shield. Having her eyes on her father who glared daggers at Paradox. Watching her father duel for the first time. "I will use the Reincarnation of Hope card's effect to summon a monster directly from my hand." Yuma knew what monster Yami was going to summon. His eyes immediately became stars from excitement. "Then I activate the spell card known as Ancient Rules. With it, I'm allowed to summon forth a Level 5-or-above monster directly from my hand. The monster I choose is Dark Magician!" Dark Magician appears in front of Yami in attack mode. Giving the purple magician over 2500 attack points. Yuma had stars in his eyes seeing Dark Magician on the field "That's Yugi's ace monster." Yusei said in awe at the legendary monster on the field from a legendary duelist. "I can't believe I get to see the rare card in the play!" Yuma was giddy and jumped up and down for a moment. Jaden smiled brightly and smirked at Paradox 'He is in for it now.' He cockly thought to himself. Paradox scoffs again "It doesn't matter how cool his monster may be. It still take's Paradox's Dragon's power-down effect." Paradox grins watching Dark Magician's attack points drop to 0. As long as that card of Paradox's is on the field, the four heroes' monsters' attack points will be dropped.

That monster had to get off the field.

"From my hand, I play the spell card Bond Between Teacher and Student! Because I have Dark Magician on my field, I am allowed to summon his student — Dark Magician Girl! In defense mode!" The blue and pink magician girl appeared beside Dark Magician with a bubbly smile on her face. Yuma mentally squealed in happiness for being able to see another one of Yugi's duel monsters that are legendary. For defense, she had 1700 points. Yami places another spell card down "Next, I play the spell Magic Gates of Miracles. Because I have 2 spell-casters out, I can switch one of your monsters on the field to defense mode and switch it to my side." The pharaoh had a green card portal that appeared over on Paradox's side to grab hold of Malefic Paradox Dragon but Paradox was not going to allow that to happen.

"I don't think so! I play a trap — Malefic Force! This trap card allows me to equip a Malefic monster to have it not be affected by your spells! Leaving Paradox Dragon be no longer for grabs!" Paradox Dragon was covered in a crystal shield that prevented the hands from the green portal to grab it. Yami smirked "As expected." Seeing Yami smirk made Paradox frustrated. Seeing Yami act as if this duel was already in his hands. "That just leaves Stardust Dragon up for grabs which was what I was really wanting to grab in the first place." Paradox watches his Malefic version of Stardust Dragon get pulled away to be on the four time travelers side of the field and his malefic card of Star Dust becomes black mist. "Because Stardust Dragon is on our side. Paradox Dragon's ability is no longer in effect. Allowing our monsters attacks points return to normal." Yami added to his taunting to Paradox. Paradox watched all of the monsters on the field rise up with their attack points back to their original points once again. Infuriating this time tyrant while pleasing Yami for enacting the beginning of his revenge against this guy.