Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

There is going to be 1st person and 2nd person in this chapter. If you get confused - comment and I will help clarify.

It is because I am going to have Jane explain and express these memories so it is the 1st person (in italics) but 2nd person is for me to write the characters movements.

It is gonna be confusing because I suck at 1st person.

Bear with me!

Alright! Enough explaining! More reading!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You were all in a kingdom, the grand hall. Standing in apparition forms, off on the sideline. Witnessing the story to be told. There were footsteps coming from the corridor that led to the grand hall. You turned around to see Knight Critias, Knight Hermos, Knight Timaeus who had both his eyes, and Knight Jane. Her armor was just like yours was when you ZEXAL morphed with Astral except she had a dragon helmet but it had a face cover to hide her face but her face cover was up. The knights were chattering as they entered the hall but unlike the other knights, Knight Jane didn't have a scratch or dent on her armor as the other knights had.

"Maiden Jane, you didn't have to go so rough on us for spare training!" Knight Critias complained. I was holding my head up high as I was the best fighter among the 4 of us. I spend my days with these three knights. Knight Timaeus, Knight Critias, and Knight Hermos. We were the 4 guardians of the Duel Monster world that was a separate realm apart from the humans. We lived in peace and harmony. Protecting the realm and preparing for any danger that may have threatened it. We were bestowed upon these duties by the Egyptian Gods themselves.

You could hear Jane narrating in your heads without her moving her mouth as she stood by you all still as this was herself in the past.

"Of course I had to!" I twirled myself around to face my fellow tired knights. Walking backwards with a cocky grin on my face. "But you didn't have to train us that hard!" Knight Hermos whined while rubbing his neck. "Indeed, I am going to need a long nap after this." Knight Timaeus groaned in pain while leaning a little on Knight Hermos. I found their complaints amusing and only made me want to train them even harder. "How else will any of you learn how to fight on your own if I am not by your side?" I giggled. Little did I know those very words would come to haunt me only mere moments after saying them. A loud ruckus was heard outside of the kingdom, of our home inside this separate world of ours. "What was that?!" Knight Critias shouted. Knight Timaeus was the first to run off to check out the source of this loud noise that was shaking our kingdom.

You all were transported outside of the kingdom to look up to an evil eye. Covered in pitch black malice that reeked of discomfort and a sick feeling in each of your stomachs.

I ran to Timaeus's side as he stared up at the horrifying creature. "Oh no!" I gasped when I saw many of our fellow friends being sucked into whatever that thing was. "We need to go to the human world! We have to protect their world and home world! Balance will collapse if this thing invades further!" Knight Timaeus went ahead after he said that with the other fellow knights going right after. "Come on, you trained us for this moment! Time to put it into good use!" Knight Hermos smiled at me as he pulled me to follow along with him. I put on my face shield and went to defend my world and the human world.