Have Faith

A friends with benefits relationship is bound to fuck someone up. One of them always falls for the other one and ruins everything. Cristiano was feeling it. He knew that this young boy was bad news.

and it was crazy. All of it was way too crazy. Cristiano, the bad boy, had fallen in love with the nerd. And it was the most twisted tale anyone would ever know. The twist that no one would even expect. He remembers the words clearly.

"Don't fall in love with me,"

Lionel had giggled quietly after saying it. Cristiano had smirked and pushed him up against a wall a second later. Lionel was everything that screamed innocence.

But he had left it clear that he wasn't one for love. And Cristiano didn't mind at first. He was attracted to Lionel. That was it. But then he started to fall in love with the smaller, more reserved, boy.

So now, here he was, chasing after the nerd. It was depressing. Lionel wouldn't give into him. Not like that. And that frustrated Cristiano.

"Why are you like this? Don't you feel anything for me?" Cristiano asks staring at the smaller teenager

"I told you not to fall in love with me,"

"Well.. I'm sorry! Okay.. I'm sorry. I couldn't help it! You don't get to choose who you fall in love with.. You just do! And I fell in love with you.. And I'm so sorry.. I'm sorry for perusing you so much. But I need you as bad as I need to breathe. Please.. Tell me.. Tell me what you don't like about me and I promise I'll change.. I'll so anything for you. "

And that's what sucks about love. Your whole world changes. Suddenly, what this person things of you becomes everything to you. And you want to be perfect, for them.

"I love everything about you, Cristiano. Even the things that you hate about yourself .. And even the things I feel like I might hate, I love them too. I love them because it's you. I tolerate your bad habits, because they're yours. But I left things clear.. I will only hurt you even more if this continues and turns into something more."

"Why? What's wrong with love that you hate it so much??"

"I'm dying!!!! And your love can't save me!! Love is the feeling that makes you sick to the stomach because you feel helpless.. I don't want to hurt you and leave you midway. I love you so much, Cris. But my love for you and your love for me will only hurt us both even more."

"D-dying?" Cristiano asks with tears threatening to spill

"I.. I have cancer... Leukemia... "

"No.. No.. Leo.. You're.. You're fine.. Healthy.. Young.. Beautiful.. Please.. Tell me you're lying."

"I love you Cris.. But.. I know I'm going to die.. And I can't.."

Lionel and Cristiano make love that night. and it's the most fulfilling thing they've ever experienced. They get deeper into the conversation of Lionel's sickness and Cristiano cries with him.

And despite all of Lionel's bickering, Cristiano gets him to say yes. And they're both far too happy to realize that the clock is ticking.
_
"I'm home!" Cristiano says

"Welcome home! Get ready.. Don't forget we have to go to church today!!" His mom calls out

"Okay!! I'll call Leo!!"

Cristiano has also gotten Leo to go to church with him. Cristiano was a rebellious boy. But he had the sweetest heart ever. He had been changing a lot. He had finally found purpose.

"How is he?" His mom asks him

"He's doing pretty good.. I'm so scared mom,"

"Hey.. Trust in God. Have faith in him. He knows what he's doing. And he will save Leo.. He will heal him.. All in time.. The lord will never forsake his children. Never. Remember that okay? God is here and God hears you. He knows your struggles and your pains and everything that there is to know about you. And in times like this is when you need to be strong. Have faith."

Cristiano believes that Lionel will one day live without counting the hours of the clock in such a pained way. But.. Does Lionel believe it?

__

"Nothing is impossible! Not to God!! And that's what we need to understand ! Every trial! Every sickness!!! Have faith!! God is with you! Some people lose faith because they've been shaken a little.. Don't lose faith.. Cling to his word! To his promise! God is holding your hand-"

Cristiano holds Lionel's hands in his tightly.

"My heart's beating really fast," Lionel confesses

"I know. Mine is too."

"I love you, Cris.. I don't know what God's plan is for me. But I love you and whatever it is.. I'll have faith in him."

Cristiano smiles. They sit quietly together listening to the Pastor.

The most twisted story, he laughs. Being gay is wrong. It's the most horrendous thing you can be, to a Christian. But here they are, two gay lovers, with more faith than half of the Christians sitting up at the front, saying amen without even meaning it.

"life's a twisted fairytale."

"I know babe.." Leo smiles

_____\

This somewhat felt like a walk to remember with a twist.