Notice Me

Lionel Messi + Neymar
//

The day was sunny and windy. It was a perfect day. It wasn't too hot and the breeze was nice and cool on the skin under the sun. Neymar was trying to find other things to focus on rather than every face that showed up to talk to his best friend. Neymar wasn't jealous. He wasn't the type to get jealous or so he told himself every time he groaned at the faces passing by that would stop to wish Lionel a happy birthday.

"Ney are you okay?" Lionel asks.

"I think the heat is just getting to my head," Neymar says.

" it's not that hot, Ney.. drink some water."

Neymar groans and gets up. He doesn't want to deal with anything or anyone anymore. As he walks off he sees someone he hates approach Lionel. He turns around to see if that person is actually walking towards his precious Leo.

"Hey.. I didn't know it was your birthday today."

"We've known each other since we were 5, Cris."

"Yeah but I always thought your birthday was like.. I don't know.. we haven't talked in so long I totally forgot. I'm sorry. Maybe I can take you out for dinner?" Cristiano asks

"Not today because Neymar and I already have plans," Leo says smiling

"That's your boyfriend?"

"Uh.. I wouldn't say that.. he's my best friend.."

"I see.. So is it okay if I take you out on a date then?"

"No."

Lionel And Cristiano turn to look at the owner of the voice. Cristiano groans. He wishes Neymar would just disappear forever. He always ruins his chances with Lionel.

"You're not Leo.. and you're not anything special to him so I don't think we need your input."

"I'm his boyfriend."

"Last time I checked you weren't."

"Well now I'm telling you that I am."

"Prove it."

Not long after, Neymar and Lionel are face to face. He grabs the back of Lionel's head and pulls him into a deep kiss. Lionel doesn't do anything. He's surprised and in slight shock at the fact that his best friend is taking his first kiss.

"Ney.."

"Now walk away and don't bother my boyfriend again."

///

"What was all that about earlier today? Do you think Cristiano was just trying to pull a prank on me or something? You're always looking out for me.."

"Can you open your eyes Leo? Jesus... you're so blind.."

"Excuse me? Why are you acting this way? This whole day you've been acting so bitter and annoyed at everything."

"Because of you! You! Everything is about you ! And you can't even see how I'm dying over here.. you can never see me.."

"Neymar what's going on?"

"I like you. No I love you. I think I really do. And you just.. you're.. you don't even.. you can't see how much I'm dying over your love and how annoying it is to see all these people carelessly flirt with you in front of me."

"You love me?"

Neymar looks defeated by now. He just looks at Lionel and sighs. He nods softly before walking over to Leo.

"Yes," he breathes out as he holds him tightly.

Lionel lets Neymar wrap his strong arms around him . This is the best birthday ever. He smiles in Neymar's chest.

"Are you smiling?" Neymar chuckles

"Yes.. you love me.."

"I do."

They pull away slowly before they're looking at each other. Neymar looks down before slowly closing off the gap between them. Lionel welcomes the kiss with enthusiasm.