Not Invisible

Lionel sat quietly at his desk. He felt eyes on him. But he shook that weird feeling and thought away. No one would ever look at him or care about him. It was all in his head.

A few seats away from him, a very annoyed Cristiano started to glare at him a little. He looked troubled whenever he looked at Lionel. He just couldn't believe that someone so beautiful could be so insecure and so blind to their own beauty. It was hard for him to grasp.

Lionel was so wonderful. He was so amazing and so breathtakingly beautiful. Yet he always looked down and never spoke. It's as if he didn't know just how beautiful he was.

"Alright class, your next project will be on To Kill A Mockingbird. Nothing difficult, just a few questions and an essay. Um.. Since we're getting closer to the end of the year I decided to make this a group project. More like a partner thing. Two people in one group. Project is due in a week. The partners are listed right over there, please check the list when you exist my class."

Cristiano groaned at the idea of having to work with someone. Everyone seemed to be eager to know so he let everyone get in front of him. He was happy to finally be close to Lionel, since the smaller male was standing behind him.

He searched for his name and he couldn't help but to let a small gasp escape his lips as soon as he sees who he partner is. He turns around to look at Lionel and Lionel gives him a weird look before he settles on looking at the ground.

"We're partners, Leo," cristiano smiled

Lionel held his breath when he heard cristiano use his nickname. Memories came flashing back. They used to be so close. For a moment, they even believed to be in love with each other. But then Lionel's mother died and cristiano moved away. Who knew that they'd be seeing each other again for their last year of high school.

"Ah.. O-okay," Lionel stutters out

Cristiano looks so excited. But Lionel looks a little scared. They haven't been alone in so Many years.

"We can meet up at my house if you'd like," Cristiano says,"or yours."

"Y-yours.. Is fine.."

"Good. See you after school then? I'll pick you up at your locker."

Lionel didn't say anything. Cristiano was already walking to his next class while Lionel just stood there frozen.

The day came to an end. Lionel stood by his locker, waiting. He was extremely anxious.

"Leo! I thought you would get tired of waiting. I'm glad you didn't. Sorry I had a small meeting but I'm done now."

"Ah.. O-okay."

The walk to Cristiano's house was quiet. Every time Cristiano tried to start up a conversation, Lionel would simply dismiss it. His one word answers killed everything.

"So, we just have to read the book and answer these questions.. I think it'll be easy," Cristiano smiles

"Yeah.. I umm.. Read it already."

"Really? I didn't," Cristiano pouts

"I'll explain it to you then,"'Lionel says with lit eyes

Cristiano smiles. Lionel looks so excited. He's not even stuttering.

"Please do," Cristiano says