Thanksgiving

"So what are you thankful for?" Lionel asks

"You."

He knew Neymar would say something as silly as that. He smiles and moves his hand a little, trying to find Neymar's.  Neymar grips his hand tightly. Lionel sighs and closes his eyes.

"Are you worried?" He asks

"Of course I'm worried."

"Don't be. Im not going to die, ney. "

"I know.. I'm sorry this is going to sound so selfish and needy but I just really want you to see again. I want you to see how beautiful this world is... how beautiful you are. "

"It's okay. I know that this world is beautiful. And I know that I am too.. you tell me everyday. "

"I want you to see the world Leo. I'd do anything for you to finally be able to see flowers and decide which ones are your favorite . Or for you to see dogs and talk about how much you prefer pugs, because I know you will say that, because of how cute and chubby they are. I'd give the world.. I'd give my own eyes."

Lionel's breath is caught in his throat.

///

Lionel opens his eyes. He squints and blinks over and over again,  not being used to the brightness.

"It's okay Leo. You are okay. Just take your time and open your eyes when you're ready."

"I've never had eyes," Lionel chuckles." I have never seen the world."

"You're going to see it now," the doctor says

"I'm going to see the world. I'm going to see my husband!"

Lionel's enthusiasm makes the people in the room feel awfully pained.

"Anyhow.. where's Neymar.. I want him to be the first thing I see," he says keeping his eyes shut

His expression changes to confusion when a small envelope is given to him. He opens his eyes and what he assumes is his name is written on it in a very pretty hand writing.

"Umm.. can someone read it for me?" He asks

"Y-Yeah.."

"D-dear Leo... you are finally going to see the world.... you are going to see the flowers.. the stars.. the moon and the sky.. I'm so glad. I was afraid.. so afraid. But you know me.. I am afraid of many things. But I am no longer afraid to die. I told you I would give the world to finally have you see the world. I wish we could've seen the world together. I hope you enjoy my early Christmas gift. Please take good care of it. Go and see everything... see it all with the eyes I have given you."

Everyone in the room is silent. Lionel doesn't say anything.  Not for a few minutes.

"Get these off me."

"W-what?"

"Take them off!!"

"Leo we can't do that.."

"I don't care.. I don't want them.. I don't want his eyes! They're his eyes! This is his.. this is what he's supposed to be seeing.. I'm not.. no.. this isn't mine.. where is he?!"

"Leo.. the surgery was extremely dangerous.. there was barely any chance of survival.. he knew that he would probably die-"

"Get out!!!"

///

Lionel closed his eyes.

"You were so handsome," he chuckles

He pulls the picture of Neymar closer to him before opening his eyes and meeting the same green orbs.

"I miss you.."

He sighs. He'd give up anything to have Neymar by his side.

"You're so silly Ney.. did you really think I'd want to see a world without  you?"

//

Don't shoot me.