Under the Mistletoe

The Christmas songs and gift commercials had Lionel over the edge. He didn't hate Christmas. In fact, he loved Christmas. He just hated how everyone seemed to be in a rush around this time of year. Everyone was going crazy about all the presents they had to buy and all the decorations that they still needed to hang.

"What do you think Ney wants?"

"I don't know Leo, you know your boyfriend better than I do," his mom says running around, looking for her shoes.

"They're under the table by the way."

//

Lionel wanted to make this Christmas special. This would be his and Neymar's 5th Christmas together. They were not engage yet. And Lionel wanted so desperately to pop the question. But he was afraid Neymar would not be ready to settle down.

"Did you find what you're looking for sir?"

"Ah.. yes.. I did actually," he smiles looking down at the  ring.

//

The house was blinding. He had never seen so many Christmas lights and decorations. His mom might've gone overboard this year.

"Your mom sure loves Christmas," Neymar laughs.

"Tell me about it."

They go through the door and before they can move any further, his mom stops them.

"Sorry! You're under the mistletoe! You have to kiss!"

They chuckle before connecting their lips. The entire family cheers, whistles and claps. They laugh before greeting everyone.

The night goes on. Lionel's too anxious and feels like maybe he should wait until everyone leaves. He doesn't need to ask in front of everyone. They could just do it in their own time.

"Oh no, one of the balls fell! I'll get it!!"

Lionel's heart starts to race. He wasn't ready.

"Oh what is th-OH!"

"What is it Ney?" Someone asks

"Ah.. no.. it's noth-Leo?" Neymar looks confused when Lionel gets up and starts walking towards him

He gets down on one knee and Neymar feels like he might faint then and there.

"I'm sorry if it's too cheesy.. but um.. as you may know.. I've been in love with you for many many years now. I've been waiting for the right moment to do this and I realized that, that moment will never come. I have to make the moment right.. and any moment with you is right to me. So.. I don't want to make this long and overly emotional.. I just want to tell you that I love you and that you are the only person I'd love to spend the rest of my life with-"

"YESS OH MY GOD YESSS!!"

"I didn't even ask yet, Ney.."

"Whatever just put it on!!"

"Brat," Lionel says really quietly so that Neymar doesn't hear him and throws the tree at him.

"YAY!!"

They share a very passionate kiss.

://

Hi! Sorry I've been MIA lol school is killing me guys