Hurting Unknowingly

Cristiano was on cloud 9. And Lionel was far too sweet to try to burst his bubble somehow. He just watched his boyfriend move around their house with a wide smile and a few side remarks that definitely stung Lionel.

"How does it feel to lose in your own home Leo?" Cristiano teased

"I don't know, you tell me since it happened to you first, Cris."

Cristiano's smile falls. He stares at Lionel for a while before sighing and sitting next to him.

"Leo, baby are you mad?" He asks softly

"No, Cris. I'm happy that you're so happy that you won."

"But you're not truly happy."

"It's not that. I am. And you know that I will always support you and be happy when you're happy and upset when you're upset. But you're forgetting that I'm the one who lost this time and that maybe I need you to tone it down. "

"I never boast when you lose to me. So why is it that I have to put up with you boasting and making fun of me when the tables are turned?"

Lionel sounds extremely bitter. He's spitting venom with every word he speaks and it makes Cristiano take a step back.

"I'm sorry Leo.. You know how I am. I always forget that others have feelings too once I'm all caught up in mine."'

"But I'm your boyfriend, Cris. You should never forget my feelings. I never forget yours."

And it's true. He's always doing what the latter wants. Never showing off or taking the spotlight because it belongs to Cristiano. Never showing how truly happy he is if he's won a game and Cristiano didn't get the same result for the day.

It gets tiring to always limit yourself to certain things just to keep the person you love happy. Why can't Cristiano do the same thing for him though? Does he not love Leo enough to lose the cocky attitude he carries around 24/7?

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you, Leo. It was never my intention to hurt your feelings."

"Yeah, that's the thing. It's never your intention to hurt me but you still do it. I don't understand you. You say you don't want to hurt me so why the fuck do you, huh? Why do you hurt me so much if you don't want to? Doesn't it hurt you as well? Am I the only one who's actually in love?"

"Leo that's not true. I love you and it hurts me to see you in pain."

"Then act like it."

Lionel doesn't return to their little secret home. Cristiano goes to check everyday, hoping that Lionel will be there. But he never is and it makes Cristiano break a little more every time it happens.

"Oh cmon Leo, I deserve that ball," Neymar teases

"You wish, brat!" Lionel says trying to run off with the ball

A few seconds later he feels his body falling to the soft grass. Another body soon follows and falls on top of him.

"Fuck, I'm sorry Leo," Neymar says getting up and helping Lionel up as well

Someone slaps his hand away and it makes everyone widen their eyes.

"I got him don't worry."

Neymar swallows and simply nods. Leo smiles up at the much taller man and dusts himself off.

"Thanks.. What're you doing here?" He asks slightly puzzled

"You've been avoiding me and I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry if this is gonna cause trouble."

"Cris.. "

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry okay? I just.. Fuck. I couldn't wait any longer. I just had to see you and I knew you weren't coming back home anytime soon and I couldn't wait that long."

Lionel smiles. It makes Cristiano the happiest man ever. He forgets where he is and grabs Lionel's waist, pulling him closer and leaning down to kiss him.

"I love you so much Leo."

Lionel's eyes are wide open and Cristiano doesn't really understand why. That is until he hears a whole lot of whistling from Lionel's teammates.

"Oops?"

"Yeah, oops."

"Are you mad again?" Cristiano whines

"Let's just go home. I'm tired," Leo yawns

Cristiano smiles. He can't believe someone so amazing actually loves him back. He's never letting Lionel go.