A New Beta

"H-holy.. "

"Oh come on now.. Run!!" Cristiano screams

His best friend runs behind him, almost out of breath. Cristiano gets way too many ideas. And they're all extremely crazy. They're going to get killed someday.

Cristiano stops abruptly, making his best friend, Gareth, bump into him.

"What the fuck, Cris?" He groans as he falls on the floor

"Shut up!"

"You two made a huge mistake in messing with our kind."

Cristiano swallows thickly. Maybe he didn't think about this too well.

"I'm sorry," he says softly

"Sorry doesn't fix anything."

Cristiano and Gareth can only look at each other for a split second before they both make a run for it.

Sometimes it works. And sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes you have to pay a price for the silly mistakes you make as a teenager.

__

"Um.. Sir.. There's someone here to see you."

"Who?"

"Your mother has brought a few friends who wish to speak with you."

"Okay."

Cristiano lets out a loud sigh before composing himself. He looks up once the door of his office is once again being opened. He meets his mother's warm brown eyes and a few colder ones.

"Cristiano.. These are the people who I was talking to you about.."

He nods, remembering the conversations that his mother had, had with him not so long ago. Cristiano hasn't felt comfortable around anyone ever since his best friend died. Gareth was his best friend and beta, and ever since then, he has not wanted anyone else by his side.

A little crazy, maybe. But he's hurt. He's always going to be hurt. It was his fault after all.

"Mom.. You know I don't-"

"They will become a new addition to our pack.. They've been my friends for a long time and I've watched their son-"

"He's not going to replace Gareth ! No one will ever replace him!!!"

"Shut up! You need to let it go. I don't need you making more careless decisions and getting yourself killed because you feel like you can do this on your own!!"

This isn't how things normally work. And Cristiano knows that his mother is simply freaking out. His dismisses all of them without another word.

"I'm sorry..." She says softly

"It's fine. I think that it wasn't the best idea to simply push my son into becoming his new beta so quickly.. It's clear that he needs time. And he also needs that relationship. He needs to have a strong connection with our son before any of this can happen."

"I just.. Cristiano is a reckless man. I know your son can definitely change him."

"I will talk to him whenever I can," the young man says

"Thanks, Leo."

Leo smiles before getting up and walking to his new room. The change has definitely been something. Meeting Cristiano didn't go the way he expected it to. He knew that Cristiano had a very short temper but he didn't think that this man would hold so much hate and pain.

"Hi!"

Leo holds his chest and flinches. He turns around to glare at the person who scared him. He stops though, seeing a beautiful girl standing in front of him.