Comeback

The buzzing that Neymar was feeling was starting to fade. His happiness faded with it as well. Lionel noticed the faltered smile on Neymar's face and rushed towards him. He messed up his hair, earning a small groan of disapproval from Neymar.

"Leo! If my hair is a mess I won't get laid!" Neymar pouts

"You can always have me," Lionel winked

Neymar blushed and looked down at his feet. Lionel sighed. He wasn't the best with words. He always managed to tangle himself up in his feelings and made a fool of himself most of the time. Especially when it came to Neymar. Lionel never knew what to say to someone so beautiful.

"What's wrong Ney?" He asks

"Leo.. what's wrong with me?" He asks

It's as if he had not heard what Lionel had asked. The problem to the question is that neither of them knew what was wrong with the young Brazilian. His emotions swung back and forth all the time. He never knew what he felt. He just knew that sometimes an overwhelming wave of sadness would hit him and he didn't know how to escape it.

"You'll be okay. You have me. I will never leave you.. you hear me?" Lionel smiles

"Thank you," Neymar says, letting himself fall onto Lionel.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Lionel asks

"Don't you want to celebrate?"

"Yes.. so let's celebrate... you and I.... alone.."

Neymar smiled. Lionel was always there. He would always be there. And Neymar couldn't help but to feel a bit guilty. Lionel didn't deserve to have to deal with someone like Neymar. So why was he putting Lionel through all of that? It wasn't fair, yet he still did it. Was Neymar being too selfish? He wasn't thinking right.

"You don't have to be with me if you don't want to."

"But I do. I want to be with you."

"Are you sure? You can leave you know.. you don't have to stay.. don't pity me.."

"Hey.. listen to me, I'm with you because I love you. I am not here simply because I feel sorry for you or anything like that. I'm with you because I love you. I love you more than I have ever loved another living soul and I will love you like this forever."

"How do you say such embarrassing things so easily?" 

"When you love someone you're able to say anything without feeling shy.. you can tell me whatever you want, Ney. You know I won't ever judge you."

"Thank you, Leo. I'm glad you're here."

And so it happened. They'd sleep together that night and celebrate the best comeback in history. They'd laugh about it and within the small laughter they'd grow tired. They'd take off each other's clothes lazily and cuddle up next to each other until Lionel took the lead.

That is how they both liked it. That's how they both wanted things to be. Lionel would always be there to support Neymar. He was the foundation. He would never let Neymar break.

" I love you," he whispered against Neymar's lips.

"I... love.. you.. too," Neymar managed to gasp out. 

"Good.. stay with me forever."

"Forever.."