Competition

Lionel sighed. Once again, his two best friends were going at it. If he didn't know any better, he'd think that they were actually in love. The thought was soon forced out of his head. For some reason, it hurt him to think that his two best friends could be together. Maybe the crush he had on one of them was preventing him from seeing what was right in front of him.

"You two need to stop because I can't enjoy my movie like this!"

The two stopped. They sat back down and glared at each other. Lionel didn't understand why they just couldn't get along. He sighed and continued to give his undivided attention to the TV in front of him.

//

"Do you like Ney?" Lionel asks

"No what the fuc-"

"I'm sorry.. I thought you two had a thing since you're always arguing."

"Oh god Leo. You watch too many romantic movies. Neymar and I just don't see eye to eye in many things," Kun sighs

"I'm glad you don't like him," Lionel blushes

Kun looks at him and smiles. Could it be that he likes him? Kun's heart begins to race at the thought of Lionel liking him back. He swallows thickly, not quite sure of what he's supposed to do now.

"Why are you so glad?"

"I.. I like Neymar."

And in that moment, he felt his entire world collapse and turn to nothing. His heart felt heavy and he swore he couldn't breathe.

///

Lionel didn't say anything to Neymar though. After all, Kun had told him that telling Neymar about his feelings so suddenly could push him away. So Lionel listened and didn't say anything to Neymar.

It was extremely hard because he would see people flirting with him and he didn't like it at all. He didn't want to see anyone else flirt with Neymar.

"Hey Ney!!" Lionel calls out

"Leo!!" Neymar smiles walking up to him

"Are you busy later on?" Lionel asks nervously

"No why? Wanna play Fifa?"

"No.. Umm.. Please don't freak out and just hear me out.."

"Okay..? Spill it."

"Would you.. Do you maybe want to go on a date with me?"

Neymar is shocked at first. It makes Lionel panic because maybe he should've listened to Kun.

"Leo.. Are you serious?"

"I mean.. You don't have to go with me if you don't want to. I should've listened to Kun..."

"Kun told you something?" Neymar blushes

Lionel smiled at him. Neymar had a crush on Kun. Of course he did.

"Yeah..To wait a little because you might run off scared," Lionel says nervously

"That fucking evil piece of shit," Neymar growls

"I'm so confused.. Was that the wrong thing to do ?"

"You couldn't really expect Kun to tell you to go for it right? He's in love with you for fuck's sake."

Lionel's world had suddenly stop spinning. Yet somehow he managed to feel the dizziest he had ever felt.

"You like Kun, Ney?"

He didn't know why he felt the need to ask that first. Maybe once he got an answer he could stand his grown again.

"No."

It made Lionel sigh in relief. He felt cruel for only caring about how Neymar felt. But he loved Neymar. It was only natural for him to care more about the person he loves than anyone else.

"I love you."

Lips touched lips for the first time. It took Lionel by surprise. He allowed Neymar to take control of the kiss. The taller male pulled him closer and deepened their kiss.

"Let's go on that date then," Neymar smiles

"Okay."

///////

Should I write Neymessi or Cristessi at the top so you guys know who the story is about cause idk if you all want to read all of the stories.. Maybe some of you are only here for the cristessi ones or for the neymessi ones.