Part 124 - Dinner Date

Ram felt restless after seeing the messages and decided to know more details about Priya's friends.

He felt guilty for doing that without Priya's knowledge but he felt something was not right.

Priya came back to their bedroom.

"Do you need something?" Priya asked, casually.

"No." Ram replied.

Priya checked her mobile and started to read her messages.

Ram was noticing all her actions; she was smiling while texting.

Priya texted back to her messages, "Hey, same here. I had a great time too. I am not sure about meeting you tomorrow because Ram & I had a fight over this. Somehow, we sorted it out but I don't think we can meet frequently from now onwards."

Shivani quickly checked her texts and replied with sad emojis. "That's sad! I really enjoy your company and would be very happy to meet you regularly. Let's find out a way, what do you think?"

"I want to meet you too. Let me see what we can do, I just don't want to invite any further fights with my husband." Priya texted.

"Okay, miss you. Talk to you later!" Shivani texted.

"Miss you too, bye." Priya replied. Ram was watching her all the time, sitting next to her on the bed.

Placing her mobile on the table, Priya went inside the washroom.

Ram hesitated initially but ended up checking the messages in her mobile.

Reading the conversation, he didn't feel right and a lot of thoughts came running inside his mind.

Ram put her mobile back in its place before Priya came inside the room.

Priya looked at Ram who was lost in his thoughts.

"Ram, what are you thinking?" Priya jerked him out of his thoughts.

"Uh! Actually... I need to go to the office for a meeting. Can we go to dinner instead of lunch?" Ram asked.

"Oh! Okay, no problem." Priya agreed.

"Great! I will wrap up my work and come back home." Ram said.

Ram went to the office and was waiting for a person whom he called to his office.

Ram picked up his intercom and said, "Jenny, please cancel my next meeting and send Ashish directly to my cabin as soon as he arrives."

Vikram entered Ram's cabin at the same time.

"Sure, sir." Jenny responded.

"What happened, man? Why do you want to meet Ashish now? Is he the detective Ashish?" Vikram asked.

Ram stood from his seat and stood near the window.

"Yeah!" Ram said in a faint voice.

"What's the need now? Do you want to spy on somebody?" Vikram asked with a confused frown and stood next to him.

Ram took a deep breath and looked at Vikram.

"Priya is friends with some new people lately and I feel something is not right. If I say something to Priya, it's going in a different tangent." Ram sighed.

"Ram, by any chance, are you doubting Priya?" Vikram gaped at Ram.

"It's not like I have a doubt on her but I have a doubt on the people she talks to." Ram clarified.

"Ram, Priya is not a kid. She is a mature person and she's aware of the people around her. I think you must be overthinking." Vikram told his opinion to his friend.